Ribiero

I've read all the trade rumour posts and I'm surprised how many of you stand up for Ribs.

BG would be wise to trade this guy right now. His trade value is the highest on the team (minus the untouchables ofcourse). Although his work ethic has improved, he still shows me that he is a lazy player concerned with himself not the team.

Trade him now, we would get great value for him

:ghg:

You must be still caught up in the Koivu vs Ribiero feud...

Because there's no other way a habs fan would want to trade Ribs. This has been his first season where he's been given a good opportunity and he's done nothing but score.

He's only 23 and he's gonna get even better, He should be our #2 center for a long time.

The only way i'd trade Ribiero right now would be for either:

Lecavalier

Kovalchuk

Nash

Iginla

Which makes it impossible...

:ghg:

He's only 23 and he's gonna get even better, He should be our #2 center for a long time.

Yeah, exactly. All the feuding was driving me nuts and the media fawning over him still bugs sometimes, but it'd have to be a hell of a deal for me to wish him traded. Sure he still has a ways to go to be the player he could be with consistent effort and hard work, but he's been showing significant signs of improvement and again, he's only 23. He still has a lot to learn. I'm really enjoying the chemistry he's developing with Ryder, too. Imagine how that could be working after another year or two of fine-tuning.

Anyway, he's surely got his flaws but in terms of pure talent/potential, he's loaded and I do see him growing up significantly over the next year or two. Now if only he'd pack on a few more (and by a few more, I mean ANY) pounds of muscle, he'd be golden. ;)