Gonchar to the Bruins

Fanpuck33_

We have enough D men already, although we might want to add an extra physical D, or solid vet.

Gonchar is neither.

As for the PP we have Souray, and now Kovalev, to play the point... with Markov & Breezer as a very decent 2nd unit.

We could not have needed Gonchar any less.

Boston still doesn't scare me all that much.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Supposedly for 2 picks and a player to be named OR one pick and 2 players to be named.  I wouldn't have minded getting him, but I would prefer a more physical guy on D.

Shaone Morrisonn a first and a second draft pick..

Good, this is the best team that he could go to. Have you seen the Bruins defense? Its awful... Adding Gonchar does not make it better then the habs D...

Now if the Leafs/Devils would have added him, they'd be making already strong teams just that much stronger.

Good, this is the best team that he could go to. Have you seen the Bruins defense? Its awful... Adding Gonchar does not make it better then the habs D...

Agreed. And hey, it's worth it even to imagine the sucker who gets to take Gonchar's profile off the Leafs' website ...

Originally posted by gazer
Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Looks like Boston is going for it this year

If so they will surely be in the market for a goalie

Raycroft has been unbelievable this year. They probably trust him enough to go with him.

The playoffs will be exciting.. Boston adding a great dman and a very good center; Toronto adding another awesome veteran; Tampa Bay lines chemistry better than ever; NJ defensive team struggling; Ottawa adding another sniper... all is there for exciting playoffs this year!

Glad to see that Gainey isn't inactive. With Kovalev, that solidifies our shaky team. This season it was soo easy for the team to lose all confidence.. with kovalev, that might help and boost the players (i hope it doesn't do the opposite!!)

Originally posted by gazer
Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Looks like Boston is going for it this year

If so they will surely be in the market for a goalie

Raycroft has been outstanding this season. He's been the Bruins best player this season. They don't need a goalie. I think the kid can play and that the B's might be the darkhorse in the East.