Senators Jumbotron Gaffe

Spider-Man NL

Does anyone ever see news on when a tragedy strikes the front office personel of a team from outside their local region??????

It's pretty easy to see how this type of over-sight would occur. Chances are that most people in North America, outside of Quebec, did not know about the Gainey families loss.

I live in Toronto and I saw only a couple of short, quick, news stories on it...and as a habs fan it caught my attention...but if you weren't a habs fan you probably tuned out, much like I usually do about any other teams stories.

Whatever. The Senators are in the same biz as we are, and Bob Gainey is one of the most recognisable figures in the game. They might not have noticed???? I live in Tokyo and I noticed! That is as lame as them showing this skit and letting it run repeatedly while they wrote up their 'excuses' to our management.

They are scum. They have always held us in contempt - and, evidently, even more so now. Classless overfed wannabe bumpkins.

Whether we had won 8-3 or lost 8-3 is utterly irrelevant. I hope our players remember this little 'stunt' of theirs before our next game.

Does anyone ever see news on when a tragedy strikes the front office personel of a team from outside their local region??????

It's pretty easy to see how this type of over-sight would occur. Chances are that most people in North America, outside of Quebec, did not know about the Gainey families loss.

I live in Toronto and I saw only a couple of short, quick, news stories on it...and as a habs fan it caught my attention...but if you weren't a habs fan you probably tuned out, much like I usually do about any other teams stories.

This story was covered extensively in Ontario and the rest of the country.....

The vast majority of large daily papers here in southern Ontario, the tv news and most web sources featured several stories on it. It was a major headline for many news sources over the course of this scenario until after the search was cancelled. As far as I could see there was no lack of coverage here in this portion of Ontario...

But then the rest of us in Ontario and Canada would say the reason you may have missed much of the coverage here is possibly due to the fact you live in Toronto? :rolleyes::lol:

I hope our players remember this little 'stunt' of theirs before our next game.

I think it will come back to haunt them. You and everyone else here knows as well as I do this rule:

NEVER, EVER GIVE THE CANADIENS A CAUSE. IF YOU DO YOU'VE JUST BEEN HAD

Frankly, I don't see Carbo and the rest of the coaching staff using this as fuel for future games vs. the Sens. IMO that'd be stooping to the same level. Bob Gainey's personal life has nothing to do with the team.