Do You Really Know Guy Carbonneau?

bebehabs

Here's a link to a website where u can get to know Guy Carbonneau better...

http://www.livingbeyondreality.com/GuyCarbonneau.html

There's a lots of informations about him, some are unique, just like the part where his brother, Denis Carbonneau, revealed his souvenirs about Carbo when they were kids...

the site is both in french (not all available) and english... so i hope u guys will have fun to browse it... u'll see that his combativity, courage, and stubborness (!) follow him since he was young...

here's a preview :

GuyDenis.jpg

"An Unlucky Daredevil

I have never know a guy so unlucky as my brother Guy. When he was young he had all sorts of incredible adventures. I remember a summer day when it was very hot. With our cousins, we were riding down a gravel incline on a bike so big we had to slide our legs on the horizontal bar. This was not a very comfortable position, and you couldn’t have perfect control of the bike. We took turns going down the hill, each trying to surpass the performance of the other. The longer we went, the higher we climbed and the faster we descended. All of a sudden, Guy said to us, "I’m going to beat you all." He climbed to the highest point, about 125 feet, and threw himself down the hill with nothing for protection but a bathing suit (suntan lotion was not yet in vogue!) Arriving at the bottom with great speed, the handlebars turned sideways, Guy lost control of the bike and made the worst landing imaginable in the little dry gravel. He was scratched up on most of his body. He still carries the marks of this memorable folly on his hips. When the five or six of us guys saw him land, we thought it was very funny. We were cramped up with laughter during which time Guy suffered like a martyr, but barely showed it. He got up with his patented little smile. Later, while we were drinking, he lay himself down in the river to cool his wounds, which were burning. My mother had to drag him by force to the hospital, and when he left there, he looked like a mummy! All you could see was his eyes through the bandages.

A Plunge into the Void

Another time, on a very rainy day, we amused ourselves by jumping off a plateau 40 feet in the air into a tuft of fir trees, which absorbed our fall 15 feet lower, after which we would rebound from tree to tree until we hit the ground.

Once again, Guy, with his legendary temerity, threw us a "Watch this!" He had decided to display to us a new exploit. But in diving, he missed the tree, hung by his hands from a branch, and from there made a drop of 40 feet. Again, we were dying of laughter. We shouted to him to come back up and to not act like a granny. We thought he had fallen on a foam cushion, but no! He had crashed on a tree trunk. He was in extremes between laughter and tears, and for good reason—he had fractured his wrist. He always had the gift to want to exceed his limits and give himself greater challenges than others.

Stainless Steel Shoulders

He has also developed a tolerance for suffering beyond the norm. I have the impression that, in the face of pain, he is able to observe himself from outside his body. He looks at himself coldly and notes simply: "Yeah, that’s bad." During his years in juniors, Guy always had dislocated shoulders. It often happened that he went to the bench with one shoulder lower than the other and to replace it as if it were nothing. Finally, he had to have surgery: the doctors reattached his bones with stainless steel."

Source : http://www.livingbeyondreality.com/Denis.html

certainly looks like quite a bit to mine there... not to be done in one sitting...

i see he's not a simple man... lots to this boy...

GO :hlogo: GO!