The perfect path to the Stanley cup final

Alexsound

Hi everyone!

Here are different possibilities :

MTL vs Toronto

Guys, i'm sorry but our Canadiens will have a bad time against Toronto. The only thing that could hurt the Maple Leafs is - Injuries ... Because I think the Leafs are faster - stronger - and Belfour could a be like a iron wall.

They have talent - SUNDIN - Experience - Leetch - Francis, they have some bad guys Domi - dirty guys Tucker - Offence Defense - McCabe.... So Forget it . if Montreal has to play in the first round againt the leafs - Leafs will win in 6 games.

MTL vs Philadelphia

Ok , Sincerly, here we have a chance. Ok the Flyers are Big, they have a good Defence ,but remember, they are losers.... The were not able to score last year... I'm not saying that Mtl could win easily but with a 100% effort , Montreal could win in 6 , as they did 2 years ago against Boston..

MTL vs Ottawa

I think that they expectations for Ottawa are too high. And it's seem to easy to say that they will win the cup... wait a second, The BIG problem with Ottawa, it's between the pipes... Lalime has not played as the goalie he was during last year Stanley cup games. This year, he's looking like... Don Beaupré. eheheh Not too bad, but not too good.. so... average. And you cannot expect to be at the Stanley cup final with an average Goalie. Again, Montreal could win with a 100% effort in 7 games

MTL vs Tampa Bay

Okay, here are the Hottest guys..!!! The Tampa Bay Lightning!!!! .. well I think Tamp has lost only 4 games in their past 25 games... But everything that is HIGH, has to go down one day... In Tampa, the key word is OFFENCE.. Look at Martin St-Louis, he's FLYING on ice.. They have Depth at the Offence department , a strong Goalie but a Crazy-silly coach. Remember, in the playoffs, The coaching strategies cuold have an impact on a series, remember Bowman.... Tortorella has made weird decision last years - by replacing Khabibulin by Grahame... But the best Strenght about the Lightning, they are not afraid too lose, so they score!! They have not a loser playoff reputation like the Flyers.... This team could be at the FInal. But remember, everything that is HIGH, has to go down one day... Hopping that they will start to fall at game 1 of the playoff unless, Tampa could win in 5 against MTL

MTL vs Boston

Boston, Boston he he he, here they are...!!!

THe BIG BAD BRUINS!!! Ok the big bad bruins without an experienced Goalie..Patrick Roy has done some Miracles in 1986.. but Raycrofft is not Roy.. They add Gonchard at their line-up, are they better defensively? I don't think so. Thornton has been quiet this years, mainly after he was knockout by Lindros.. Murray has not play has he did last years, Samsonov, if he's not injured, could play well but like I said, if he's not injured... The worst thing about the Bruins, is their DEFENSE. I don't think this team go pass the first round... Vs Montreal, I think that montreal could win in 6 games

MTL vs New Jersey

The only thing about the Devils is between the pipes.. Brodeur is the Best Goalie in the League. And if you want to win the cup, you have to have one of the best goalie in the league. Pat Burns has experience , Elias has inscreased his plays lately but if this team doesn't give a 100% effort for every game, they will be on the Green on April .. They have one of the best Defense players of the league. But the question, Are the Hungry?? I don't think so. Definitly not hungry has the Lightning are.. So vs Montreal, The Devils will wins in 5 games ...

For the Islanders, they will not play against Montreal because they will finish at the 8Th place, and will be eliminate at the first round. End of the Story!

I don't think that there will be a team that will surprise everyone this years such as the Migthy Ducks - Wild - did last year. In Fact , I think the surprise this year, is that there will be no surprise.

And as for our Canadiens, they will have to give EVERYTHING they have, 100% effort , they will have to be passionate, HUNGRY for Hopping a Stanley Cup final.

GO HABS Go!!!!!

Welcome to the board, Alex.

You do have some good points in there, I agree that against TB or even the Leafs, we wouldn't come out on top.

However, I think we could at least skate 7 against NJ. Our PK will be solid with Begin, Bulis, Dowd, Juneau, Dackell, Sundstrom, and Ward (the first three especially).

Our top two offensive lines will have Kovalev, Zednik and Ryder (three snipers), Koivu and Ribeiro (feeders), and Perreault and Dagenais, who will take turns making the 2nd line look bad.

Souray will be back, Markov will play more (as management have learned is the answer to his woes {+ Kovalev of course}), Brisebois will be solid, Rivet will be solid, Quintal will be solidish, and Bouillion will take turns wearing the cheerleader outfit on the sidelines with Komisarek.

Theo in nets could be bloody awesome, and Garon has proven he can step in (one game at a time) and save.

I'm confident the Habs have what it takes to get to the 2nd round. Past that, we'll see - the Roy-curse might still be around...

Im not so sure about the Leafs. Or should we call them the Toronto Maple Rangers?

After last weeks play I think we can beat anybody. And when Kovalev and Souray returns we have a pretty solid team.

Blasphemer, the leafs, please say you didn't mean that. You mean that bunch of old men in blue? Sorry but I don't think so. But watch Sturday and see for yourself.

:ghg: