Bulldogs vs Grand Rapids Griffins --- 2/24/07

Lammy

Puck drops at 7pm ET Saturday night.

With all of the call-ups of Bulldogs players to Montreal; the injuries; and the call-up of Cyclones players from the ECHL to help out the Dogs, those of us here in Hamilton are jokingly calling the team the HAMILTON CLONEDOGS!

go team(s) go anyway

GO :hlogo: GO!

Puck drops at 7pm ET Saturday night.

With all of the call-ups of Bulldogs players to Montreal; the injuries; and the call-up of Cyclones players from the ECHL to help out the Dogs, those of us here in Hamilton are jokingly calling the team the HAMILTON CLONEDOGS!

Who will play goal for the Bulldogs tonight?

Yann Danis is day-to-day....he was sitting in the seats up behind me at the Bulldogs game last night vs Syracuse.

As far as our current replacement goalies from the Cyclones.....Desjardins is the better of the two of them....I would expect him to be playing the most of the games until Danis gets back into the lineup, with the other goalie from Cincy, Grumet-Morris, to be riding the pine bench.

Lost 1 -0 in Shootout. Our call up goalie didn't do well in the shoot out letting in all 4 shots, but he did very well in the game stopping all 36 shots. Pretty good for the teams 3-4 string goalie. If Halak stays up, I'm sure the Dogs will be very happy to have Price at the end of the season.

Desjardins is the better of the two

How does he look out there? The last game I saw him play was last years Memorial Cup final. He didn't look AHL material at that time. His stats in the ECHL look really good. How's he playing in Hamilton?

On a side note, maybe a 'weird' question, do you have any idea why he's playing with Yann's catching glove?

:hlogo:

Desjardins seems to be OK for us as a 3rd goalie. His stats are certainly very good in the ECHL, but I think he needs more time down there before he truly becomes AHL material.

As far as the glove goes......I have no answer for that. :blink: