Predictions of who will be wearing the CH after tomorrow

The-Habby2919

No I don't think anybody wanted to see Perezhogin or Kostitsyn shipped out. But I do think, and I am included, most people wanted to see Souray shipped out for young player, preferably a defensman and a 1st round pick. Montreal may not make the playoffs, certainly will not win the Stanley Cup, so why not improve your immediate and long term future? Sheldon Souray will not walk away for nothing, unless Gainey can sign and trade him.....not a chance..... or Gainey will just sign him for somewhre in the neightbourhood of $5 to $6 Million dollars.....which is worse than losing him for nothing.

I think everybody but Bob realized that Souray should have been dealt. Maybe Bob was holding out for that knock your socks off deal and just didn't get it.....did he over estimate the value? Did he expect too much? Who knows? But Souray should have been dealt.

But I do think, and I am included, most people wanted to see Souray shipped out for young player, preferably a defensman and a 1st round pick. ...

Look at it this way -- given the choice, would you want Souray or Rivet on the team? Bob got the return you described, but for Rivet.

Look at it this way -- given the choice, would you want Souray or Rivet on the team? Bob got the return you described, but for Rivet.

I don't want either on the team. Both are horrible defensively, way to slow. Souray just happens to have a big shot. I wanted both gone and the returns that both would have brought. But that didn't happen....so I'll move on. Whats done is done and this team now has to make the playoffs.

I don't want either on the team. Both are horrible defensively, way to slow. Souray just happens to have a big shot. I wanted both gone and the returns that both would have brought. But that didn't happen....so I'll move on. Whats done is done and this team now has to make the playoffs.

I totally agree, it's over for this year. On the bright side I really like what I have seen in Perez and Kotsi the last few games. Both of them have shown they can beat a man one on one. They both have shown really good speed. However, where did they learn how to shoot. Perez almost always misses the net by a few feet and Kotsi after deking out three players tends to flip it into the goalie's pads.

I think we do have some exciting forwards in these 2, add to the group Plekanec and Higgins and even Ryder is still young we have a good young nucleus. It would have been nice to have added some more young players by trading Souray. This will delay our development for sure.

Edited by Strummerman