Time for Komisarek to step up in place of Rivet

bobby

Komisarek's development may have factored into Bob Gainey's reluctance to let Sheldon Souray go. Souray is a great role model for Komo, and with Rivet gone, the veterans on defense would be Bouillon and Dandenault. Both of those two are on the Montreal Canadien Special Quebecois Aging Journeyman Retirement Plan. :angry:

im always up for seeing komisarek improve and I think everybody agrees that he has upside left to go.

That being said, all season I've pegged Rivet as 4th on the D depth chart. PP time notwithstanding, Komi has provided approximately the same offensive contribution as Rivet (13 pts v. 16 pts) with a positive +/-. Komi, imo, is definitely a greater "presence" on the ice. As many others have noticed, Komi is on that first defense pairing and he has been trusted to shut down the opposing team's top players.

It is a pleasure to watch Komisarek continue to grow, and I wonder how much of Rivet's apparent minute/game advantage is the result of early season games. Is there any notion as to the trend on this?

PS - Albeit severely limited sample size, it should be noted that Streit has evened up Souray's +/- (over 152 minutes together, the group is a +0) whereas Souray-Rivet was giving up ~.75 goals per 60mins over 444 minutes.

Komi and Markov are the future of Montreal's defense. It is a kind of Pronger - Niedermayer duo. Let's sign these 2 men for 4 more years each and they will become one of the best dmen duo we've ever seen in here.

Komi and Markov are the future of Montreal's defense. It is a kind of Pronger - Niedermayer duo. Let's sign these 2 men for 4 more years each and they will become one of the best dmen duo we've ever seen in here.

I'd go even further than that and say they represent the future of the team. I think going forward the club will be built around that top defense pairing, although there is still some chance it could turn out to be Komisarek and Souray instead of Komisarek and Markov.

LOL on your signature there, Joe. When Houle and Trembley took over the team was 0-5 and had missed the playoffs for the first time in 30 years or something, the previous season.....:)

Yeah he caused the game winning 2nd goal at the end of the 2nd when he pinched. Deserved a bit of a benching for that moronic play.

He was trying to make a play and it went south , nice effort though.

He'll be back in the lineup !!!!

:hockey::hockey:

In fact , (I know nobody wants to hear it right now) a nice team effort dispite the lost !!!

GO HABS !!

Edited by TheWhale

LOL on your signature there, Joe. When Houle and Trembley took over the team was 0-5 and had missed the playoffs for the first time in 30 years or something, the previous season.....:)

right, but we had Roy and without this stupid ass coach, maybe he would have play his whole carreer with us and maybe win some other cups. And if not, we could have trade him for WAY BETTER than the other idiot did.

It all started there. Roy for a best gk and a good player, then this good player for some good draft picks, and we go like this for 10 years. But we get Thibauld and Rucinsky for Roy... Stupid Corey who hired stupid rookies.

Don't tell me Roy ruined the chances of a great deal because he made that move on my avatar... Peanut made a trade too fast ; a real panic move and we still paying for this today.

Edited by JoeLassister