Question for the international Habs fans...

cfposi

I will be moving to Guildford (30 mins from London) in the UK in August. What is the best possible option for getting to see that habs play while im over there? Should I spend the money on NASN? Is there something better? Should I just invest in a kickass internet connection and listen to them online? Does anyone stream games online now? LOL, I must be crazy, I am moving to another country and I am more worried about losing Hockey than finding a place to live :P

I will be moving to Guildford (30 mins from London) in the UK in August. What is the best possible option for getting to see that habs play while im over there? Should I spend the money on NASN? Is there something better? Should I just invest in a kickass internet connection and listen to them online? Does anyone stream games online now? LOL, I must be crazy, I am moving to another country and I am more worried about losing Hockey than finding a place to live :P

you're not crazy.....just a habs fan.............you wouldn't believe how many bars I had to troll through in souther california in the late 80's until I found one which knew about the Anik satellite......good luck!

Nothing kickass, a basic internet connection will stream radio (CJAD or CKAC). There are video streams sometimes, or (***not an endorsement***) a little bird told me that there are some places where you can get in a bittorrent thingy and grab caps of games sometimes within a few hours after the last whistle. Where you have no chance to buy a way to watch games (such as here in Japan) that might be a karma-safe option, I'm not God so I can't say. The US government is God.

I still almost always listen to CKAC's stream, and follow the game thread here that's more immediate, social and fun.

On NASN you get around 5 Canadiens games a month. NASN costs 25EUR a month overhere. A teammate who works for the Canadian Army can come in handy as well. That will get you 82 games a year :)

:can: :hlogo:

Hmm i pay 16 euro for basic cable, and 9 euro for the extra witch includes NASN. It's nice, has a lot of games, and most games will be broadcast again during the day (yeah normal time). Otherwise you have to watch 1/2 am @ night.

For online stuff you dont need such a good connection, online radio and stuff. There is a forum where you can download the games of, but you have to be invited. I'm a member, but the mods made it so that you cant invite anymore. Only they can.

There is something as Sopcast, thats a stream, but i have no clue how that works.

Best option is NASN i think, it also has NHL on the Fly everyday, you can see the most important things of every game there.

i know that this may sound ridiculous but i know of a manner which will bypass actual telvision coverage... the thing is that you will have to be a canadian for it to work...

on eBay, you can purchase a 'slingbox av' and, if someone from your home will agree, you can set up a distinct cable connection (if necessary) to capture a channel that carries hockey games (rds?). from you computer in england, you can then take control of that distinct cable connection and watch the game.

bottom line, it could cost you a bit... the cost of cable per month along with the potential extra package to get the telecasts but, if it's worth the cost... go for it... it'd be even cheaper than attending a couple of games a month at the bell center...

again, i know that this sounds ridiculous & far-fetched but, to get more evaluations on this tool and its benefits, go to www.cnet.com, click 'reviews' and type in 'slingbox' in the search box...

i'm looking at getting one also but missing games for me isn't a major issue because i live in northern ontario and have a cable sports package that includes rds tv which allows me to see ALL canadiens games from the 1st to the last one for the team (be it in the regular season or in the post-season).

GO :hlogo: GO!