Bode Miller quits U.S. Ski Team

Pierre the Great

lol

The most interesting character in U.S. Skiing history is no more.

I swear this guy makes Ricky Williams look like an amateur.

Remember his commercials during the Olympics? :lol:

Well as everyone knows the only person that plays there sport good drunk is David Wells when he had that perfect game for the Yankees.

Staying up until 2am for a 9am ski race with a hangover seems a little goofy to me. Considering the speed involved with skiing.

lol

Bode Miller quits U.S. ski team

Former Olympic medalist and World Cup champion Bode Miller is leaving the U.S. ski team, ending his contentious relationship with the federation that oversees the sport in this country.

The fiercely independent Miller has been at odds with the association for years, and there long had been rumblings that he would leave the team. U.S. officials have been unhappy with Miller's late-night partying and his outlandish public comments.

But he was by far the best skier on the team.

The 29-year-old Miller won two silver medals at the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, but was shut out at the 2006 Turin Games despite being a favorite in nearly every Alpine discipline. He was criticized for spending too much time in local clubs.

The announcement of his departure came as the U.S. team opened its training camp in Park City, Utah, on Saturday

http://sports.yahoo.com/ski/news?slug=ap-m...p&type=lgns

Got to love his quotes:

"Everybody parties," Miller said. "There's too much emphasis on winning."

"If you ever tried to ski wasted, it's not easy."

"It's been an awesome two weeks," he said at the time. "I got to party and socialize at an Olympic level."