People, if you belong to any other message boards, recruit Habs fans to this site. Don't SPAM them, just send them an E-Mail or a Private Message. I have PM'ed several people from Metroboards.com today, hopefully we will get more activity. But the only way people will stay is if there is activity here to begin with. We need to stay active.

[Edited on 2005-1-3 by puck7x]

Activity is good, but I've always been cautious of the idea of recruiting people to our forum, one part of me says "if people are going to find us, they'll find us on their own" ... and another part says "we need to spread the word about the site to people who do not know about us" ....

HW has been growing slowly for about a year now, and I like the place we're at now... But we can be soooo much better...

So ... Go for it!

Ya, I've done that a bit, but of course, not overdoing it. just suggesting, you know.

But puck, how on earth did you create such a site? It's doing so well its amazing how you guys got this forum etc. going.

:lol:boggles my mind, but hey, its the greatest habs place on the earth, and for that, im happy!

I agree with habsfan88. He was the one that showed this to me and I've suggested to some of my friends to check it out but like not telling like everyone I know. If you want more people on this site you should tell them about it. I just don't want some Leafs fan to register here and start bad mouthing the habs and crap, that's my only worry.

GO HABS GO

:hlogo:

Originally posted by habsfan88

Ya, I've done that a bit, but of course, not overdoing it.  just suggesting, you know.  

But puck, how on earth did you create such a site?  It's doing so well its amazing how you guys got this forum etc.  going.    

:lol:boggles my mind, but hey, its the greatest habs place on the earth, and for that, im happy!

Not me, it was Matt (sakiqc) with the programming help of his brother. I'm just the 3rd guy in line for credit :) , I do alot of work around the site...

I just don't want some Leafs fan to register here and start bad mouthing the habs and crap, that's my only worry.  

Ya very true. Thats why you dont want to go to a random site and start copy and pasting "COME TO HABSWORLD" kind of thing, we need to mention it to some people, but we dont want to over do it or we will have some unwanted people.

• 9 months later...

So how's this recruiting stuff going?

The NHL lockout is depressing me, HW (along with everyone) has had less visitors. It would cheer me up to see some new members, or possibly new future collaborators (writers, stats people) join up. ;). Of course use common sense when recruting, dont spam, dont be a jerk. If you think someone out there <i>would like to know about HW</i>, or would be a good addition to HW, let them know in private.

[Edited on 2005-1-23 by puck7x]