Bring on the Lightning!!!!!!!

Bonavistaman11

Ok guys the comeback has been completed, the Bruins are gone, and its now time to focus on the Tampa Bay Lightning!!!

What do you guys think about this matchup??

My Thoughts:

I think the Habs are quite capable of taking care of the Lightning and the boys should be well rested seeing that game one wont be untill Friday.

The Top line of Koivu Zed and Kovalev have to continue their dominant play and outscore Tampa's St.Louis line.

Also our second line has to get things going big time.

In Goal it will be Khabibulin VS Theodore and if Theo can get his game going and keep playing like he did in game 7 we have the edge here!....

no predictions yet tho, lets just let the boys take care of this!!!..

:ghg::ghg:

the bolts are as heavy hitting as the b's, but I think that could actually be in montreal's favour seeing as this wil leave more standing bodies able to exploit errors. Anybody know what the season series stats are?

I think Tampa is the easiest team to beat of the division winners...and I'd rather play them then Toronto, Ottawa, Philly, Boston or New Jersey.

If they didn't play in their division they wouldn't have had nearly as good a record. I bet they had an extra 6-7 wins because they play in a crappy division. They are a solid team, don't get me wrong, but I'm happy we're playing them and not those other teams.

I dont think they are as heavy hitters as the B's.....Anyway the Habs can still handle it!..

The Season series was 2-2

The Lightning outscored us 13-12 in the four games...

Habs Scoring leader was Koivu with 3 goals and 4 assists...

TBays leader was St.Louis i think, with 4 goals and 2 assist...

Dec 2nd Tampa Bay 2 @ Montreal 3

Dec 13th Montrea 5 @ Tampa Bay 2

Jan 8th: Tampa Bay 4 @ Montreal 1

Feb 12th: Montreal 3 @ Tampa Bay 5

:ghg:

Originally posted by Zowpeb

If they didn't play in their division they wouldn't have had nearly as good a record.  I bet they had an extra 6-7 wins because they play in a crappy division.  They are a solid team, don't get me wrong, but I'm happy we're playing them and not those other teams.

Actually thats not true. Alot of people bring up that point, but its wrong... Tampa actually has a worse record against their own division compared to their record against the rest of the east.

Tampa will be no easy opponent. But at least we wont have to worry about the physical side of the game against them, if anything we might be the more physical of the 2 teams... And I think we're both about the same size too.

Ohhh yeah... Cory Stillman has a injured hip and is out indefinitely.

[Edited on 2004-4-20 by puck7x]