NHL Wimps Out

Soccerox

Nice try NHL. The media is saying that the league is doing its job by handing out a 25 game suspension for the attack on Kesler. WRONG!!! If they wanted to send a message, then they should ban this guy. He did a two hander several years ago as well. Sure it was in a different league, but repeat offenders should be banned. Just like Betuzzi should be banned as well.

The NHL wimps out again. I guarantee that there will be another tragic accident this year and the league may have to shut down or get rid of Coliform Campbell.

No I haven't. This dude is a repeat offender. Why can't the league have zero tolerance? Do they keep handing out a 20-30 game suspension each time it happens. What about drugs. Do they just fine a guy and tell him to come back again and again?

im happy with the term of the suspension. Last season it would have been like a 3 game suspension.. so id say 1/3rd the season is a justified suspension.

I heard that some clause in the CBA states that suspensions in other leagues than the NHL has no bearing on an incident which has occured in the NHL. If he did a similar thing in the OHL (or whichever league it was), Colin Campbell is not allowed to take that into consideration in this case.

I don't know if that's true but that's what I heard.

It is true, just like any suspensions handed out in other pro leagues have no bearing on what suspension has handed down.

For the record, Boulerice was banned for a year from the OHL after hitting Andrew Long square in the face with a two-handed slash. I guess he learned from that experience, didn't he.

It is true, just like any suspensions handed out in other pro leagues have no bearing on what suspension has handed down.

For the record, Boulerice was banned for a year from the OHL after hitting Andrew Long square in the face with a two-handed slash. I guess he learned from that experience, didn't he.

Pretty sure he got criminally charged too.

Either way, I agree with Cataclaw. The NHL is showing they're going to crack down on guys, I'd say making a guy miss a quarter of the season is zero tolerance. Plus this incident CAN be taken into consideration should he ever do this again and will probably get half the season. He does it one more time? Ban. Three strikes and you're out.

Like I said in the other thread, I applaud Colin Campbell and the NHL. :clap:

25 games is good. This effectively destroy's his season.

Over 1/4 season is perfect. It doesn't seem like much, but it's over 2 months

where was the tide bought? Carolina?

The NHL has been consistent in handing down punishiment, and that's the best, I believe, that anyone can ask for.

You can bet that if he does something like this again, he will face way more than 25 games.

Something done in a minor league should not count against him in the NHL... but he should be kept under tight scrutiny.

For a first time NHL offender, this (25 games) fits. If and when he offends again, he'll be gone. Soccerox, your point does not fall on deaf ears. Watch when he screws up again. He'll get a season if not more. It's just too early. Maybe he'll learn from this. Maybe he won't. Either way he'll get waht he deserves eventually. if you doubt that the NHL cracks down on NHL multiple offenders, ask Marty McSorley... he ended his own career when he slapped Brashear with his stick.