Na na na na bye leafs

Laugh my friend laugh the leafs is eliminated after they laugh at our habs they can do more than the habs ..... i believe habs gonna bring lord stanley home in the next 5 years then we can laugh even more... the leafs i another 100 years .......... insecond thuogh maybe not ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :) :) :) :) :) :) :guru: :guru: :ghg:

The Leafs haven't won the cup since 1967, the year I was born. I hope that they continue their tradition of "excellence" for another 60 or 70 seventy years. I would particularly enjoy celebrating the centennial of their last Cup victory along with my own. As they say here in the UAE "In'Shallah"- God willing.

:hlogo: Pmac

:ghg:

Leafs Suck is right Leaf fans- especially those in the media are insufferable until they are humbled. Contrast the deluded ramblings of Jim Hunt before Game six

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam040504/col_hunt-sun.html

with the reality descibed by Stephen Brunt (who is, BTW, a fine Journalist and a talented writer) http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/.../BNStory/Front/

HUNT (delusional Montreal hating old hack)

"Ol' Hunt is convinced the Maple Leafs will beat the Philadelphia Flyers tonight. They just can't play as badly as they did Sunday in Philadelphia. Bryan McCabe was the goat but he was merely the worst of a bad lot. If nothing else the Leafs should be well rested. Besides they have played well in their first two games at home. This is a team that bounces back from embarrassing losses.

They'll do it again and force a seventh game which they will probably lose. Should they do the unthinkable tonight the Leafs can expect to be booed off the ice.

This isn't Montreal where the fans gave the Habs a standing ovation after they'd lost four in a row to the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Leafs fans expected a lot this season. To avoid getting booed off the ice it behooves the Leafs to win tonight.

BRUNT (Talented sports writer)

"Because who knows when the next hockey year will roll around. Because who can tell how accommodating a brave new economic world might be for a team that has traditionally relied more on its vast stores of cash than on brains and innovation.

And because this incarnation of the Maple Leafs, an over-the-hill gang that for a time bore a striking resemblance to the ancient heroes of 1967 — the last Toronto team to win the Stanley Cup — in dawn's light simply looks old, and full of question marks, especially with a long, labour war looming just beyond the horizon.

Meanwhile, in Toronto, where horns honk and street celebrations erupt every time the beloveds win during the playoffs, it was dead quiet last night after Mr. Roenick scored. A scattering of fans stayed behind, battling shock, cheering their team off the ice at the Air Canada Centre. And those few who dared look ahead could imagine only winter nights with no hockey, familiar names taking off the skates and moving to their rocking chairs, a veteran coach maybe put out to pasture — and perhaps no Don Cherry, either.

On another tough Maple Leaf night, precious little comfort to be found there."

We as Habs fans talk about the failure of seasons: pity the poor Leafs fans humiliated at the continuation of DECADES of failure :P

[Edited on 2004/5/5 by PMAC]

Wait a minute, let me get this straight... This writer is taking a swipe at habs fans because we cheered our team off the ice after being swept?

Do I need to remind this guy about the parade they threw a few years back after the leafs made it to the CONFERENCE finals? lol ...

This fool has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. He's talking about expectations? No fans have greater expectations for their team then Habs fans.

Laff fans mocking Montreal fans for saulting their fans, is beyond laughable.

Atleast didn't have a PARADE for them for getting to the SEMI-FINALS, like Leaf fans did in 1999 (after getting swept by Buffalo).

Leafarazzi (Leaf media for those who don't know) is jealous of les Canadiens. Habs have a bright future, while the Leafs future is about as bright as Britney Spears

38 and counting

Excuse me for a second fellas

tee hee

[Edited on 2004/5/5 by Leafs Suck]

Originally posted by Ribeiro

:o  

Take that Flyers avatar off.

:ghg:

[Edited on 2004/5/6 by Ribeiro]

Roenick beat the Leafs. So obviously Leafs Suck, and many other Habs fans, are paying hommage to Roenick and the Flyers.

Haha Laffs.