hahaha....funny quote from A LONG TIME AGO

habsfan88

Sorry Aussie, out of curiosity i went to a page in the 30's on the forum and found this thread responded to and u said this: (copy and pasted)

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL RYDER IS MAKING THE TEAM NEXT SEASON! HE IS NOT THAT GOOD! HE WILL BE A DACKELL AT BEST ONE DAY. UNTIL THEN, HE STAYS IN THE MINORS!

BULIS ON 3RD LINE=RYDER ON 1ST LINE= :monkey:

AND THAT AIN'T RIGHT

Hahahaha! how times have changed! classic moment.....

Yeah I have to laugh at that too, I mean I've made bad predicitions/statements before, but this one is worse :P

I never understood why Aussie was so sure of Ryder's playing-ability, since the chances of Aussie ever actually watching Ryder play in a QMJHL/ECHL/AHL game from Australia were slim... Never judge players until you see them play, thats what I say.

Edit: Typo

[Edited on 2004-5-20 by puck7x]

The number of times I looked at that thread, and wished secretly for editing powers like the Mods.

Yes, I was young and foolish. But let's see YOU make predictions that come true 100% of the time.

I make tons of predictions, and they're either 100% right or 100% wrong.

I'm just looking now to find my post (I hope it's this forum) that I predicted Calgary all the way to the SC.

I'm glad I was wrong in this case. As FanPuck said, maybe I should make some similar predictions about Hossa et al.

I dont want to keep ragging on Aussie, but I found this gem from the archives too...

posted by <b>TheAussiePosse</b> on 2003/10/3 at 21:59    

Why do people want to put Langdon and Begin together, and both in the lineup.  

I doubt that Gainey will be stupid enough to put two thugs on one line, especially thugs with no talent.  

Unless...  

Langdon-Begin-Dwyer  

Hahaha, what a stupid line. That's about 35 minutes of penalties right there. Per night.  

Begin? No talent goon? Spoke too soon again... :)

[Edited on 2004-5-20 by puck7x]

OK, Puck, now you're kicking me while I'm down.

After reading all those pessimistic rankings by the 'Experts', having an awful preseason, etc, etc, I could only process what was fed into me by the masses, not think for myself.

Point is, Habs did better than expected, and the players played above their levels.

I'll just make sure that I don't make any outlandish statements for the next season. Then we'll finish last, and I'll show you! I will!

*sigh*

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

OK, Puck, now you're kicking me while I'm down.

After reading all those pessimistic rankings by the 'Experts', having an awful preseason, etc, etc, I could only process what was fed into me by the masses, not think for myself.

Point is, Habs did better than expected, and the players played above their levels.  

I'll just make sure that I don't make any outlandish statements for the next season.  Then we'll finish last, and I'll show you!  I will!

*sigh*

Yeah I am, I'm an ass. But your welcomed to look through old pages and bring up posts where I've been wrong and bring them back from the past, you'll find loads of them...

Your right though, your crazy statements ended up helping the habs in the longterm (Maybe they were trying to prove you wrong?). So keep it up Aussie!

Whatever works :)

Ohhh here is a season standings prediction thread...

http://www.habsworld.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=571

I did alright in the East, except I fell into the Rangers trap again and picked them to make the playoffs (honestly, how could they suck year in year out with the roster they HAD?) ... If I flip-flopped the Rags/Bruins my East predictions would have been perfect (not seedings, but for playoff teams) ... My western predictions were way way off... The west was crazy this year.

Check out "All-Star's" east guesses... awesome job...

1. Senators (No doubt)  

2. Devils (Should win the division)  

3. Lightning (Should win the division)  

4. Leafs (No Cup For Them Though!!! )  

5. Bruins (They are good up front)  

6. Flyers (Hackett << Checkmanek)  

7. Canadiens (I can hope can't I?)  

8. Islanders (The best team of what's left)  

9. Rangers (Another year of wasting $$)  

10. Sabres (Imo, They should be better this year)  

11. Capitals (They still have some good players)  

12. Panthers (Still young, will be good someday)  

13. Hurricanes (Results of last year's panic attack)  

14. Thrashers (No Heatley, no defence...)  

15. Penguins (One horse show...)  

- Here is a prediction I made that Giguere would pull a Nabokov (hold out and screw up).

http://www.habsworld.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=480

- I also said that the following things would happen. Note the Ryder addition at the bottom...

- Choice of ONE (1) 2nd line Centre (Perreault or Ribeiro)  

- Brisebois either 100% revitalized, or traded  

- Souray either 100% recuperated, or traded  

- Theodore either 100% rejuvinated, or traded  

- Audette either 100% recovered, or traded  

- Dykhuis traded  

- Dackell traded  

- Juneau traded (unless we need him for 1 more year... but no longer)  

- Traverse sent to Hamilton (NOT traded. Repeat, NOT)  

- Aquisition of a solid 1st line winger; either side is OK  

- Grand showing of Hainsey/Higgins/Ryder/Plekanec/etc. in camp  

Only the Juneau and Dackell and Dykhuis picks didn't happen, but still, the picks were correct.

- There was also something in another post where I said that Aebischer will fill Roy's boots, and not be the "inexperienced green-horn" that everyone was making him out to be.

So I made some good picks. Just also a lot of really bad ones too...:D

Edit: Broken link, fix0red

[Edited on 2004/5/20 by TheAussiePosse]