2004 Habs Draft Thread

puck7x

In Dan Linn's pre-draft Mock for Habs picks...

http://www.habsworld.net/show_prospect.php?id=602

- he preferred Korpikoski, who NYR moved up for to take in the very next pick... telling us they agreed with Dan

- his 2nd suggestion for that pick was Bruce Graham, who was ironically again taken by the Rangers... and even more ironically with the 51st overall, which used to be the Habs 2nd pick that we traded with Balej for Kovalev.

- his 3rd suggestion was Lukas Kaspar, who if I'm not mistaken was still available at Montreal's next pick... 84th overall.

We instead take D man Alexei Yemelin...

Originally posted by Habs77

- his 3rd suggestion was Lukas Kaspar, who if I'm not mistaken was still available at Montreal's next pick... 84th overall.

We instead take D man Alexei Yemelin...

Actually, Kaspar was taken in the 1st round, 22nd overall by San Jose; who actually moved up 6 spots to get him.

The Yemelin pick is nice, everything I've read had him going in the 2nd round.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by puck7x

a perfect example of this is the Balej for Kovalev trade, we drafted a smallish/skilled prospect in Balej, we had no use for him on the team so we traded him for something we did need, a big talented winger (Kovalev).

I am afraid we are going to regret having traded away Balej least of all for a "rented player".