Hockey trivia!!!

Guy_Guy_Guy

Think you know hockey and every single event that took place? Then this is the place to prove it!

I'll start with a question and then the person who replies posts his answer and his own question and so on and so forth.

So this one is pretty old but how many goals did Jean Beliveau score the night he got his 500th carreer goal?

Originally posted by Guy_Guy_Guy

Think you know hockey and every single event that took place? Then this is the place to prove it!

I'll start with a question and then the person who replies posts his answer and his own question and so on and so forth.

So this one is pretty old but how many goals did Jean Beliveau score the night he got his 500th carreer goal?

Answer: 3 goals

- February 11, 1971

- Jean Béliveau scored his 500th career goal in a 6-2 victory over the Minnesota North Stars.

- Béliveau retired after the season with a total of 507. That night he scored an hat-trick, 3 goals againts Gilles Gilbert (Minnesota North Stars).

- Béliveau Was the 4th NHL player to get 500 goals.

My question: Who's the last player to get 100+ points in a last place team? (who, when, with which team)

Originally posted by sakiqc

My question: Who's the last player to get 100+ points in a last place team? (who, when, with which team)

Paul Kariya? 1995-1996 Anaheim Mighty Ducks? 108 points?

My Question: Which NHL team has the greatest +goal differencial in league history? Name the year, the team, and the goal differencial (GF-GA)

Originally posted by puck7x

Paul Kariya? 1995-1996 Anaheim Mighty Ducks? 108 points?

My Question: Which NHL team has the greatest +goal differencial in league history? Name the year, the team, and the goal differencial (GF-GA)

Scratch my answer... you said LAST PLACE team, I read it as... "team that didnt make playoffs" for some reason...

I think it was Marcel Dionne from the La Kings back in the 70-s I dont exactly know which year who scord 100 + points.

The 1976-1977 Montreal Canadiens with 60-8-12-0 387 goals scored and 171 allowed.That's +216 I suppose.

My Question, who scored 500 goals the fastest before Wayne Gretzky arrived and in how many games did he do it?

[Edited on 2004/6/12 by Guy_Guy_Guy]

I think it was Marcel Dionne from the La Kings back in the 70-s I dont exactly know which year who scord 100 + points.

The 1976-1977 Montreal Canadiens with 60-8-12-0 387 goals scored and 171 allowed.That's +216 I suppose.

My Question, who scored 1000 points the fastest before Wayne Gretzky arrived and in how many games did he do it?

[Edited on 2004/6/12 by Guy_Guy_Guy]

Sorry, but it's wrong :)

Ok ok, the last player to get 100+ points with a last place team was Joe Sakic in 1989-1990.

Sakic had 39 goals and 63 assists (102 pts in 80 games) in his 2nd season.

Quebec got 12 wins in 80 games for 31 (!!) points and the last place. The team ahead Quebec was Vancouver with 64 points (!)

I heard on TV (don't remember where, but was lately) that Sakic took time to emerge has a superstar. Well, 1 word to say : "LOL" 62 points at his rookie season, then 2 100+ pts season.. and it doesn't stop.

More info on the best player in the world, check out my site www.sakic.ca

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Here is a good one

Now that Andreychuk has won a Cup, what ACTIVE player has played the most games without winning a Cup?

Scott Mellanby - 1.423 games without winning the Cup

Here's an easy one:

Who scored the GW goal for the Czech Republic in the shootout of the semi final game vs. Canada, at the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano?

Originally posted by Quebecois

ok here we go.

What 8th round pick in the 1990 draft is that draft classes second leading scorer with 839 points?

Petra Bondra ... :king:

Which team became the first in NHL history to have four rookies each score 20+ goals?