Jeff O'Neill

habs_dynasty

tHEfourthperiod.com report the Canes ready to sell Oneil later this summer Rutherford said the Canes would extend O'Neill a qualifying offer and that he would consider putting O'Neill on the trade market later in the summer. He said one team had expressed a consistent interest in O'Neill. Could it be the Habs What will it take to bring oneil here.. What price u gonna pay?? What u guys think??

Edit: Typo on Title

[Edited on 2004-6-23 by sakiqc]

Rumor last year at the deadline was that Gainey had a big trade in the works on top of the Kovalev deal... but it never came to be.

Some suggested the deal was for O'Neill but he got injured as the deadline approached and so any potential deal was nixed.

If that's true, then it would be natural for Gainey to revisit those trade talks during the summer now that O'Neill is healthy again... and we are potentially losing Kovalev.

I could see Hossa/Hainey being part of that deal... if this whole thing isn't pure fantasy, which it could very well be.

What is so great about O'Neill? In his best season, he had the same number of points Ryder had this year. Yes, he scored 41 goals. But only once. Besides that, he never scored more than 31.

Even if Hossa and Hainsey are stagnant prospects, I don't think O'Neill is worth it.

i'm not anO'neil"s fans but i didn't agree with u... sometime the numbers that a player puts is not really important .the important things is how he plays on the is... for ex: kovalev's numbers is not that great but we love him so much why??? because he display his skill on the ice ... i love ryder but to tell the truth O'neil is much better than Ryder.

We love Kovalev because he put the team on his back and won the Boston series after he screwed up in Game 4. I wasn't happy we got Kovalev just because we got a player who used to be great, and is still very good. I loved the deal because it showed the league that the Habs wanted to be contenders and were no longer a joke.

And if Ryder can put up as good numbers as O'Neill, wh bring him in a pay him a bunch of money? Like others have said, "Kovalev or Murray or bust"

[Edited on 6-20-04 by Fanpuck33]

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

We love Kovalev because he put the team on his back and won the Boston series after he screwed up in Game 4. I wasn't happy we got Kovalev just because we got a player who used to be great, and is still very good. I loved the deal because it showed the league that the Habs wanted to be contenders and were no longer a joke.

That says it all......The Habs are no longer a joke. We are actually building for a cup :clap:

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

I loved the deal because it showed the league that the Habs wanted to be contenders and were no longer a joke.

Yeah, same here. I never been a big fan of Kovalev, but I pretty liked the kind of move we made to get -finally- some top-skill help. I hope it continues!

Please Gillett :D