Lappy to Avs?

dinamo

"Sportsnet.ca - Highly coveted forward Ian Laperriere is closing in on a new four-year deal with the Colorado Avalanche, sources have told Sportsnet. Deals involving Chris Simon and Matthew Barnaby were also finalized Friday, Sportsnet has learned.

The Laperriere is believed to be worth in the $5 million range.

Often compared to other role-playing forwards like Matthew Barnaby, who agreed to a three-year, $1.8 million deal with the Chicago Blackhawks, and Chris Simon, who re-upped with the same team he helped lead to the Cup finals, Laperriere will join his fourth NHL team (St. Louis, New York, Los Angeles).

The native of Montreal, Quebec missed a portion of the 2004 season due to a concussion, but still managed to post 10 goals and 12 assists in 62 games."

as reported from sportsnet.ca

Originally posted by huzer

lappy is an Av, and Curtis Brown, Barnaby, and Simon are all Flames, now. At least there's a little action going on today in the league.

Bummer about Lappy, though.

Brown & Barnaby are with the Hawks, not Flames... only Simon is.

And yeah Lappy with the Avs, makes me sick.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=89810&hubName=nhl

D'oh, I must have read it wrong. (I forget where I read it, but I'm sure it initially said the Flames signed them as the headline I read said "Gritty Flames get grittier", which would seem like a weird headline if they just re-signed their own player.) :wall:

This just goes to show me that nothing in life is a sure thing, I was convinced Lappy would sign with the Habs... shows what I know.

I have to stop getting my hopes up for free agents, the habs never sign the ones I want.

But to the Avs? I figured it was between the Kings/Habs, where did the Avs come from? pricks...

But to the Avs? I figured it was between the Kings/Habs, where did the Avs come from? pricks...

Pierre Lacroix is a great GM. Also, we don't have to blame Laperriere. I mean.. Hey you're a free agent! That means you can choose where you want to play!! Who wouldn't want to play for a winner team? Plus, if Laperriere wanted a bit to come here, Lacroix surely had the right words to convince him not.

Talking of the Avs.. maybe it's the year where Selanne will decide to finally play with Saku? But the thing is.. does Selanne still belong to a first line in the NHL?? What an horrible season he had last year :puke:

[Edited on 2004-7-3 by sakiqc]