Langdon signs with NJ

Habs77

Fu*k!!!!!! I was hoping Gainey would bring Langdon back......Oh well Krzysztof Oliwa is a free agent maybe Gainey well go after him or he may try to pick Langdon up off waviers again.

Originally posted by ryder_rocks

He won't be the last guy to leave this team. Just watch. We're not done missing the boat yet.

But most of the guys leaving are guys we didn't really want back anyway. Dackell, Sunny, etc.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

He won't be the last guy to leave this team. Just watch. We're not done missing the boat yet.

But most of the guys leaving are guys we didn't really want back anyway. Dackell, Sunny, etc.

So far. They are slowly getting worse though. Quintal and Langdon could've contributed. And with Dackell and Jenau choosing to leave, and Sunny and others being dropped, there was definitely room somewhere.

Aren't Ribero and Ryder free agents still on the market? Aren't there a few non-habs on the market who could come in and be of value?

So far its been all letting go. Wake up Gainey and sign somebody.

Aren't Ribero and Ryder free agents still on the market? Aren't there a few non-habs on the market who could come in and be of value?

So far its been all letting go. Wake up Gainey and sign somebody.

They arent on any market. They are restricted free agents, they arent leaving Montreal any time soon. And I wouldnt say Montreal has been getting worse, Quintal is going to be replaced by Komisarek, Quintal will be missed for his experience, but I'll take the switch. And Langdon can be replaced. The habs lost alot of toughness, but the quality of the team is still high, remember we added Bonk.

Restricted, yes, but they still need new deals.

Montreal isnt getting much worse, but the moves are starting to, with the exception of Bonk...who we now must sign if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah so far since July 1st Gainey hasnt been very active, I'd like him to do more. But the summer is young. Deals will be worked out, they always are.

Other than Chicago, Calgary, and Philly, no team has been very active. Give Gainey a chance. Obviously, they at least qualified Bonk, since he isn't a UFA, so Gainey has done something. We're only 5 days into UFA season. Take a breath, relax...the players the Habs have lost aren't really going to make or break the Habs next season. If anyone thinks the Habs are dead in the water because Quintal, Dackell, Langdon, Sundstrom, Juneau, etc, have left the team...they are sadly mistaken.