If you could have anyone in the league (former hab) back in a habs jersey who would it be?

habsfan88

I think if Weinrich wore teh "C" for the habs, it would have been during an injury to Koivu?... for some reason i cannot really recall him having it, but i wouldnt be surprised if he was chosen to hold the captaincy for a period of time.

Here is a complete list of Canadiens captains, at least for a lengthy period of time:

http://www.habsworld.net/history/historyA_01.php

And, the most recent ones:

SAKU KOIVU 1999-

Vincent Damphousse 1996-1999

Pierre Turgeon 1995-1996

Mike Keane 1995

Kirk Muller 1994-1995

Guy Carbonneau 1989-1994

As you can clearly see, Weinrich isn't on that list. I remember the time period in which he was a Hab, and he did have an 'A'. So, there may have been a period of time in which he wore the 'C', but he never would have officially been "The Captain" (although he would have been a fine one.)

As you can clearly see, Weinrich isn't on that list.  I remember the time period in which he was a habs, and he did have an 'A'.  So, there may have been a period of time in which he wore the 'C', but he never would have officially been "The Captain" (although he would have been a fine one.

Uh, no, he was a captain.

Maybe if you took a look at the OTR video like I asked you to, you would have found out.

Gettin Iggy wit it

As you can see, Weinrich is clearly wearing the C, and like Landsberg clearly says, he's captain.

And he's the one getting injured.

Originally posted by Ribeiro
As you can clearly see, Weinrich isn't on that list.  I remember the time period in which he was a Hab, and he did have an 'A'.  So, there may have been a period of time in which he wore the 'C', but he never would have officially been "The Captain" (although he would have been a fine one.

Uh, no, he was a captain.

Maybe if you took a look at the OTR video like I asked you to, you would have found out.

Gettin Iggy wit it

As you can see, Weinrich is clearly wearing the C, and like Landsberg clearly says, he's captain.

And he's the one getting injured.

So, he was the captain for a period of time when Koivu was injured, which means he got to wear the 'C'. But, as my link clearly shows, he was never the official captain of the Habs. If you still don't believe me, check out canadiens.com, they're a very reliable source, moreso than OTR.

(And, if you'll notice, I never said that he never actually wore the 'C', I only said that he never was officially the captain.)

[Edited on 2004/8/2 by dlbalr]