Bonk Gets 3 year deal

puck7x

Will Perezhogin be able to play in the NHL? I tought the suspension in the AHL also meant that he won't be able to play in the NHL.

As for playing in Russia, NHL and IIHF has an agreement that says that all the european leauges should respect NHL-suspension and vice versa.

But if he is not suspended in the NHL, then he could play in wich leauge thats suit him expect for the AHL?

Is that correct?

you can test me on this, but I think it would basically be illegal for the NHL to honour AHL suspensions. The NHL is quite obviously a hockey monopoly league but in order to give at least the veil of plurality in the market they must show that a hockey player that wishes to ply his trade has places to go in the North America that is outside the league. If the NHL were to say that they refused entrance to AHL players who were deemed unacceptable by the AHL they would basically be saying that the NHL and the AHL share an oligarchy and thusly would make themselves quite liable in an anti-trust suit. Not that I think Perezhogin would file one, but it would set bad precedent for a future case.

I wouldn't worry much about Perezhogin. I'm sure he'll find work easily. Either way if he ain't in the NHL, he'll probably be in the SM Liiga or some other European League.

What could be the worst possible situation if he can't find a team to play on? Practice with the Habs? Doesn't sound that bad to me.

edit: typo :/

[Edited on 2004/8/2 by Tony]

Perezhogin in the SM-Liiga?

Like I said, if the suspension is active in NHL he won't be able to play in any of the european leauges conected with the IIHF.

Calgary drafted a player from Sweden this year that is suspended and he wont put a skate on the ice as long as his suspension is active.