Damphousse to Avs

huzer

Damphousse proved his worth as a veteran addition to a Stanley Cup contender during the recent SJ run... he did very well, against the Avs it just happens.

A little like Garon playing that great game vs. LA during the season... the GM there took notice and traded for him this summer.

I remember trade rumors about Damphousse coming very close to being traded to the Avs the year they tanked, year before last... so Lacroix has had interest in him for a while now.

I have always been a huge fan of Vinny. The Avs will again be a contender for the Cup (questions marks for Aebischer in my book though), and it's nice to see Vinny get another good chance at it.

Originally posted by Doktor Kosmos

(questions marks for Aebischer in my book though)

I think Abby has improved himself during the last 2 season's, and think he's absolutely ready!! I think he's still getting better and better.

on-topic.

Great move from the Avs. Vinnie still has it!

Yea, I must agree with you there Tony... they keep going and picking up vets... sure it will give them a good team for awhile, but, times are changing in the NHL, and, teams are lookin to younger talent now, which, might be a bit harder to acquire.