Met Wolski last night

huzer

So, I'm guessing from being a centre Ice subscriber, that the Avs pulled my name out of a hat and I was invited to the VIP event last night before the game against the Kings. I was expecting a hard sell on season tickets, but thankfully, the only mention was when Giguere politely pointed out that there were sales reps in the back of the room if we had any questions. All in all, there were about 50 people "invited". Giguere did a little Q&A, then Wolski came in, chatted, and signed some stuff for everyone. So now, I've got a Wolski puck sitting on my desk at work. The rink announcer MC'd the event.

Heck, even if it was only a preseason game, it was pretty cool to get free food, booze, parking, and good tickets to a game.

Edited by huzer

Thats pretty cool, did Wolski happen to mention how his foot is feeling?

What stuff was Giggy asked?

Wolski's foot is doing well. He'll be back on the ice next week.

Basically, Giguere was just asked typical "easy" stuff, and random coaching questions that he says aren't his decision. "What are the defense pairings this year?" "What's with the radio coverage?" "How do you like our cup chances?", etc, etc. Mentioned they wanted to keep Theo, but couldn't afford it as Liles was the priority. Basically, a bunch of stuff that's already well known. I was going to try and ask something intelligent, but couldn't think straight with all of the free beer everywhere.

And yes, Alan Roach is cool. After hearing him announce at the numerous games I've been to, etc, it was a little weird having him stand in the room talking to us, all announcer-like. haha! Overall, a cool experience.

No inside on Sakic's return. He only made the comment that they always made sure they had the cap room available in case he wanted to return, and didn't want to be in an over-cap situation like Anaheim was last year. They knew the longer the decision took, that it was more likely he'd return.