Sweden - Czech Republic

ch_nl

So it's time for the first "important" game of the World Cup.

Everybody expected Finland to beat Germany. So they did but it wan't far away for the germans.

Finland had some luck, that game could have ended either way. In my opinion Finland has two ways to go. When someone get's threatend like the finns they colapse or raise as a team.

For the tournaments sake I hope Finland can come back strenghtened. They will need it. Russia or USA. I think Russia will take it.

On the other hand Finland hasn't played a single tough game yet. The Czech played like a bunch of loosers, Germany has lost every game and Sweden started poor, but played well in the third period, which was enough to tie the game.

The Czechs has also been playing poor, but something tells me that they will put up a fight tonight. And I'm not so sure that Sweden will win.

And, by the way, Swedish TV3 announced their all-star team after the ground round.

Martin Brodeur

Sergei Gonchar - Scott Niedermayer

Martin St Lous - Mats Sundin - Alexei Kovalev

I can agree with that.

Down by two after the first period.

David Vyborny is playing great. In the middle of the first period he lobbed over Kim Johnsson and Peter Cajanek got a breakaway.

He missed the puck tough, and on Tellqvist saved on his second atempt.

I had the feeling, hope that I'm wrong and that Sweden can turn this around.

Zidlicky took the puck with his hand while it was in the air on it's way into the net.

?

Was he allowed? And if he wasn't, why didn't Koharski used the camera?

Sweden are really frustrated. In tow ways. They have a lot of pressure but the hot chances just doesn't come, and the players are unhappy about the refs.

Next goal will decide this game (if it isn't allready decided?)

I hate when I'm right about things like this, didn't I tell that I had a bad feeling about this one?

How can a team as loaded with talents as Sweden be trailing 5 goals behind any adversary ?

Playing it in front of their fans makes it even more difficult to understand.

As prime and ready as the Czech where, still any team as to do better than they did, particularly a home game.

But it seems, home game are no remedy againts bad play, as TeamUSA schowed us against Russia earlier.

I doudt Russia will pull the Czech's all around excellence tonight and humiliate USA tonight in front of their fans althought, I would love to see that happening.

All I can say right now is two things:

1) Hardy Nilsson, our coach, should turn in his resignation first thing tomorrow morning. He said in a post-game interview is isn't doing that, but he should.

2) I hate Kim Johnsson. I flat out hate him.

On behalf of Swedish hockey players and fans everywhere, I appologies for the lousy performance of our National team. It's not the fact that we lost, it is the way we lost that hurts.

Originally posted by ch_nl

Zidlicky took the puck with his hand while it was in the air on it's way into the net.

?

Was he allowed? And if he wasn't, why didn't Koharski used the camera?

Zidlicky scored the third goal on the breakaway ... where did he use his hands on this goal? *fg*

Sweden is overrated. Tommy Salo should really be the starting goaltender. He was the '94 Gold Medalist, and Mikael Tellqvist has no right to take his position. I'm actually not agreeing with a lot of the goaltender decisions this World Cup (Luongo over Theodore?!)

And how come Dackell and Sundstrom was omitted from the team? Dackell is underrated. Too bad he had to leave. I'd rather have him over Sundstrom.

And how come Dackell and Sundstrom was omitted from the team?
Becasuse our coach has a thing for the Sedin twins? I don't know.