Saku scores winner USA gone!!!

ch_nl

- Whart?! Are you going home allready?

- Eh, yeah. Is the semifinal in the World Cup of hockey.

- World cup of what?!

- Errr.... hockey.

- That tornament in wich Sweden lost to Czech Republic with 6 to 1?

- Correct!

- But why? Sweden are out!

- World Cup of hockey. 8 years since last time. Saku Koivu is on TV. Live.

- Saku?

- Koivu.

- Yeah, yeah... Hope you're kidding.

- No I'm not. I'm going home to see my fellow finns beat Team USA.

- You're serious?

- Deadly.

- If you say so... See you soon.

- I don't think so...

What a goal too, couldn't pick a better player to lead them to the gold medal game than Captain Koivu :D.

If Canada can't manage a win tomorrow night (and THEY WILL WIN.... )... then i'll definitly b routing for Finland. :D

Even though I like the fact that it was Koivu who scored, I had rather seen the US advance to the final.

But why the heck did the US defence leave Koivu all alone like that? Sure, it was a nice play by Väänänen, but you shouldn't be allowed to stand on the doorstep all alone like that.

I hope the Czechs beats Canada.

One weakness that Finland has is their penelty kill. They pay too much attention to the puck and not the other teams' players. Modano's pass to Weight was even better than Väänanen's, but again, even if the Finns were shorthanded they shouldn't have let Weight walk in like that. Nobody saw him coming 'cause they were all staring at the puck.

I don't think Finland will win no matter who they will face in the final.

[Edited on 2004/9/11 by Doktor Kosmos]

That's you swedish hart speaking probably?? I just hope they go all the way. I know they can do it. It's just with Finland, they have some good players, But not the superstars like other teams, or not as many. But when everything connects they can beat all! I hope for some Sisu in the final!!

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

He made it look so ugly.  

Gee Americans didn't seem to have the same attitude about Patrick O'Sullivan's winner in the WJC in January. You know, the one where Fleury shot it off his own player and in.

I am sure if that had been Scott Gomez scoring the same goal, it wouldn't be "ugly".:)

Originally posted by habs faninTO

Just happy the US is out and Koivu is in.  Can't wait to watch the game on Tuesday.  

I'm worried for Cda because Luongo even though Luongo stopped a lot of rubber he did not look sharp on Saturday.

37 saves is shaky? C'mon.

He was the reason Canada won.

Goal 1 - Deflected off a defenseman's skate and in

Goal 2 - After a BS penalty, Luongo is left all alone and Havlat scores an easy goal.

Goal 3 - Again, delfected off someone and in.

That save on Elias was massive. He kept Canada in the game. The reason they were in OT was because of the lack of support from the team. Luongo did his job. He proved Saturday he is an elite goalie in hockey.

I just think he was pretty shaky in the beginning of the game... I agree he put in a pretty great effort, if it wasnt for him in Overtime, and several other times in the 3rd... Canada would not have won.

On the other hand, i still think Brodeur would have possibly done a better job, but not just because he is a better goalie than Luongo. It's because it just seemed like the whole team was a bit shakey, and not so comfident without Brodeur between the pipes. I think it was playing on their minds a lot more then it should have. Yet, they got things together, and in the end, we got away with the win.

Luongo was fighting the puck all night long. The entire team did not play well.

Brodeur is the best by a good margin. Not only does he stop the puck but he exude (SP?) confidence and is the best puckhander.

Luongo was fighting the puck all night long. The entire team did not play well.

Brodeur is the best by a good margin. Not only does he stop the puck but he exude (SP?) confidence and is the best puckhander.