Rookie Tourney: Habs/Leafs Finals

puck7x

Thanks to a Habs 9-4 victory over the leafs tonight...

here is my report...

http://www.habsworld.net/show_big_news.php?id=699

Its not much, but hey what else could I have said? Under the circumstances its the best I could do, the rink was packed with people and I had to stand up for the game, which made it difficult for me to put my thoughts on paper. Anyhoo, I just gave the facts, I hope its appreciated.

The habs lost the finals tonight to the leafs by a score of 5-3 ... I'd tell you more about the game, but to tell you the truth I was paying more attention to the Canada/Finland game on the monitors then I was to Habs/Leafs tonight... Maybe Matt Go. will have more to say about it then I did.

http://www.habsworld.net/show_big_news.php?id=701

I wish I could have made it up to see the games, but I couldn't get off work. But I got a few questions,

How did Jolette look?

How was Danis tonight? was it a lack of defense or poor goaltending?

And how did Greg Stewart look, was he playing physical?

Thanks

Originally posted by montreal

I wish I could have made it up to see the games, but I couldn't get off work.  But I got a few questions,  

How did Jolette look?  

Thanks

Danis looked okay, though like I said I was watching more of the other game. But from what I saw Danis played well, he had no chance on at least 1-2 of the leafs goals, and another one was an empty netter... If you think of it that way then its not so bad, although the last goal he gave up was a bit weak (a backhand from just inside the blueline) . He made a few nice saves.

I wasnt paying any attention to Jolette, sorry.

Greg Stewart looked good, he is impressing me more then he did in the development camp. He is playing a physical all-around game.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help...

Great Job Puck, it is really appreciated from this end the time and effort that you and the staff puts in and supplies us the info to keep us informed. Keep up the good work!

[Edited on 2004/9/15 by dinamo]

Originally posted by puck7x
Originally posted by montreal

I wish I could have made it up to see the games, but I couldn't get off work.  But I got a few questions,  

How did Jolette look?  

Thanks

Danis looked okay, though like I said I was watching more of the other game. But from what I saw Danis played well, he had no chance on at least 1-2 of the leafs goals, and another one was an empty netter... If you think of it that way then its not so bad, although the last goal he gave up was a bit weak (a backhand from just inside the blueline) . He made a few nice saves.

I wasnt paying any attention to Jolette, sorry.

Greg Stewart looked good, he is impressing me more then he did in the development camp. He is playing a physical all-around game.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help...

Thanks. Too bad Labelle was injured, I was really hoping the Habs would sign him.

I've heard that Sanford and Martin have been invited to the Dogs camp which starts in 2 weeks.

Also Mark Flood has been offered a contract by the Habs, but no word if he signed or not.