Tverdovsky and Matvichuk

GoHabs2002

According to Al Strachen on the toronto sun web site, Tvedovsky might not be qualified by the Devils, thereby rendering him an unrestricted UFA. Now, maybe Gainey should offer a draft pick to the devils prior to July 1st, much like many teams did wiht their UFA last June. Like that the habs can give Tvedovsky a qualifying offer, keeping property of him (later signing him to a one year deal) and the devils would recieve compensation that they would not have recieved if they released him outright. This way Gainey would begin a one-two tandem offensively much like Dallas hand in Zubov and Sydor. This is where my thinking lies. That is of course only if Strachen is correct.

Also, Dallas is reportedly looking to dump salary and Richard Matvichuk would be a target with his 2 million dollar salary. This is just my opinion based on no previous arguments, but maybe Gainey will look into acquiring a defenseman that he coached and dealt with throughout his career in Dallas. Again, since dallas is looking to dump salary to resign Hatcher, and have depth at D, a package of draft picks or a pick and kilger would do it. But with the latter, the team would only be saving a million.

for Tvedovsky: a conditional pick (depending on Tved's performance)

for Matvichuk: a second round in 2003, a fourth in 2004 and swith thirds in 2003.

We trade Dykhaus to the Canes, who is looking for d-help, for a pick (in the 5-7th range) and trade brisebois for forwards of some sort, or picks, and we get this d lineup:

Markov Rivet

Matvichuk Komisarek

Quintal Tvedovsky

Bouillon/Hainsey

(Bouillon/Hainsey is up until Souray comes back, and post CBA, Quintal is gone and if Souray is solid then we trade Matvichuk (who might be a UFA by then anyways.)

:/)

Only fixed a typo on the title

[Edited on 2003-6-5 by sakiqc]

That's wayyyy too much to give up for Matvichuk. Cechmanek was just dealt for a 2004 2nd, nothing more. Ideally, I'd like the Stars to lock Matvichuk back up and part ways with Hatcher, instead. IN my silly dreamworld, he'd like good in the CH.

Originally posted by huzer

That's wayyyy too much to give up for Matvichuk. Cechmanek was just dealt for a 2004 2nd, nothing more. Ideally, I'd like the Stars to lock Matvichuk back up and part ways with Hatcher, instead. IN my silly dreamworld, he'd like good in the CH.

Its not that silly , its my dream too :)

RD : Hatcher , Rivet , Komisarek

LD : Markov , Souray , Hainsey/whoever

Me like :)

Come on Gainey! Make a pitch for Hatcher as a UFA .... Come on George provide the $$$... Komisarek/Hainsey need a good mentor! :)

On the other hand... Hatcher is expensive , the CBA is expiring after next season , I wouldnt want us to be stuck with any huge contracts.

Ahhh well , its a nice thought (even if its unrealistic)

Hatcher can't be a #1 defenseman in Montreal.

The stupid media/fans will cry when they see Hatcher misshandle the puck on the PP or not get more than 30 points a year...That's not Hatcher's game, obviously he's a Scott Stevens type d-man. But i don't think the fans will understand that.

Hatcher looks good when you have puck moving defenseman like Zubov and Syddor to back you up.

Our defense lacks MAJOR skill, I doubt Hatcher would be a good fit here.

We aern't a cup contending team yet...

Originally posted by Markov79

Hatcher looks good when you have puck moving defenseman like Zubov and Syddor to back you up.

Our defense lacks MAJOR skill, I doubt Hatcher would be a good fit here.  

We aern't a cup contending team yet...

I'm surprised that you of all people would say something like that , since Markov has major-skill and could be compared to a younger Zubov. (Yes I realize that Markov has a long way to go to get to Zubov's level... )

A Markov-Hatcher pairing sounds very nice to me.

Anyways whatever, you dont need to give us all a "reality check" markov , we know its just a pipedream... let us dream damnit! :D

[Edited on 2003/6/6 by puck7x]

Puck, you're asking me to let you dream? :)

Remember last summer how much I dreamed and dreamed about Selanne, (ok that sounded gay) and the year before that Hull...

I think I've been the most drool-happy Habs UFA dreamer for the last few years.

(I'm using reverse psychology this year, you all know what I'm really thinking :D)

Hatcher would not be a good fit in Montreal.

He is overrated in NHL console games, and he is overrated in real life.

He can hit, yes, and he has a massive shot, but it involves a huge wind-up, one that can be seen for miles. It also has little accuracy.

No, we have enough D-men. If we can rid Dykhuis to the Canes (highly doubtful but hopeful :)), Brisebois for a few forwards, then that would be OK. But Tverdovsky and Hatcher on the same team would be too much too soon.

Hainsey and Komisarek will be better than Tver and Hatch (IMO) this time in their careers.

Sure, I'd like Hatcher, but he's also an arrogant American. I doubt he'd like to be on a Canadian team.

Also, he's been on that franchise all his life (11 seasons). It means a lot to a guy (just ask Stevie Y).

Markov and Tverdovsky on 2 seperate PPs would be very nice, but I don't see either trade/FA signing happening

Originally posted by Markov79

(I'm using reverse psychology this year, you all know what I'm really thinking :D)

ohhh... I should of known , thats one of my favourite tricks...

Your right Markov , the Habs have no chance to sign any UFA's , I repeat... NO CHANCE! ... NONE!

:D ...