Mike Komisarek's injury

beckham

Getting very worrisome. Is it some sort of congenital defect? It seems very strange that he would be bothered by an injury that occured about 8 months ago with all that time to rest and heal.

I suppose from Komo's point of view, it makes a lot more sense to stay at home and collect an NHL salary than it does to play for an AHL salary, but he doesn't seem like the kind of person to take advantage of a situation like that.

Well, it looks like Mike will collect a quick $100,000 while he rehabs his injury. At least. If he stays out a month and a half, he will probably earn more than any player playing the full year for the Bulldogs. Might not endear him to the team in the dressing room when he comes back.:o

Lots of contradictory statements about his injury which remains worrisome. I hope it isn't something inside the joint of the hip.

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, hope he gets heals up quick!.

I find it interesting that Mike became such a 'star' for the habs and Dogs so quick, while Ron Hainsey who was supposed to be a huge player for us, has continued to lose confidence. I'm just wondering if maybe Komi's success and Ron's lack of it run parallel or not.

You can hardly say that Komisarek is a "star" for the Habs. He only averaged 12 minutes a game and was a healthy scratch quite often. He was playing behind Francis Bouillon who was bouncing around on the waiver wire at the beginning of the year. Mike only played one year for Hamilton and it was the same as Hainsey's first year in the AHL.

• 2 weeks later...

Komisarek has a hip injury, and has already considered coming back to Hamilton. However, word has it that the Hab doctors told him to take it easy, and take no chances of making the injury worse. He is out about another 2-3 weeks from what I've heard.

Just a little shameless plug here, but all Hamilton injuries are tracked on the Bulldogs This Week articles that appear weekly on the main HW page.

[Edited on 2004/11/27 by dlbalr]

Well, Komo just went under surgery for his left hip.. In Pittsburgh by Mario's doctor, Marc Fillion from my city Trois-Rivieres (Quebec). RDS says they don't know how many time the rehab will take. I guess we can say he won't play this season. Why risk anything? He is our big man on defense for the next decade. Take your time Mike (and take the paychecks!)

Link: RDS