hmmmm wtf?

Tony_

Well I just finished watching the AHL games on Sportsnet.

I don't get why Doug Jarvis doesn't use Yann Danis instead if Dan Ellis. Seriously Ellis is 0-4 now. He let in the dumbest goals today.

His GAA was 3.97 before the game and he let in 2 goals.

As far as the offense goes, Sportsnet didn't release the line ups for both teams (pretty gay) but as far as I could see they looked something like this (I don't know the exact positions):

Ott - Plekanec - Ward

Thinel - Higgins - Lambert

Kostitsyn - Locke - ??

Ferland - Morgan - Ivanans

I can't remember one guy. Just check the boxscores on TSN or something. They'll say it for sure. The defense, I had no idea so I'll just name who was playing :

Daley, Hainsey, Focht, Jancevski, Shasby and Archer.

It's obvious the team is missing Perezhogin, Hossa, Balej and so on but their playing pretty good.

All I'm un-happy with is Dan Ellis. So far only Danis has won every game of the team. Bah either way I'm sure they can finish first in their division. The Moose played 2 more games then them.

Anyone else watch the game?

Tony I feel your pain man.

I have no clue as to why Dan Ellis is getting equal playing time with Danis. Ellis was playing good hockey in his first 2 starts and he wasn't getting any scoring support but now he has gone down hill rather quickly allowing 2 softies in the Phantoms game and now another tonight. Jarvis should call whoever he owes the favor to,and tell them that Ellis isn't getting the shared no. 1 job anymore.

Didn't Danis earn the start tonight after his stellar performance last night?

The Bulldogs had no business even being in that game last night and Danis was the only reason for it.

The lines were as follows, or so I gathered throughout the first period in my notes:

Ott-Plekanec-Ward

Lambert-Higgins-Thinel

Carpentier-Locke-Kostitsyn

Ivanans-Morgan-Ferland

Hainsey-Focht

Jancevski-Daley

Archer-Shasby (don't like this rookie pairing)

As for the goalies, remember that both are AHL rookies. Jarvis can't just throw the load on one of them right off the hop, he's gotta see who does well in different situations, such as playing back-to-back, or 2 in 3 nights. Also keep in mind that Ellis is a Dallas goalie, and part of the agreement may state that he gets a certain number of starts.

I'm really impressed with the way Thinel is playing this season. I'll be honest, I wrote him off for this season, and didn't expect him to make the team. However, he seems to have found a niche on the 2nd line, let's hope his strong play continues. The defence needs some help though, Archer and Shasby showed why they're both getting shuffled in and out of the lineup regularly. Komisarek and Cote should be back by the end of November, which would make the D look like this:

Hainsey-Focht

Jancevski-Daley (Both are Dallas D, they have to play)

Komisarek-Cote/Plante

That's a lot better than what there is now, 2 quality players ahead of 2 rookies.

Jancevski and Daley are fine defensemen. Last night Daley did a nice rush. The 4th line was out on the ice and he just took the puck and just moved passed through the moose players and took a decent shot. Would have been sweet if they scored.

One thing that I noticed last night was the great stick handling from both Locke and Kostitsyn. Kinda sucks they're playing on the 3rd line. I don't blame Jarvis though he's team is filled with offensive players.

Oh by the way, I loved it when Daley nailed that guy in the 3rd. He came on pretty fast and checked the crap out of the Manitoba player.

• 2 weeks later...