Team Canada's selection camp roster released

Leafs Suck

Interesting twist moving away from French-Canadian goalies.

I like the idea of Sutter coaching this team.

Personally from what I've seen of junior hockey this season, my 22 man roster would be:

Glass and Dubnyk in nets

Barker, Belle, Coburn, Seabrooke, Phaneuf, Green and Picard on the blueline

Bergeron, Carter, Colliton, Crosby, Dawes, Dixon, Fehr, Getzlaf, Ladd, Perry, Richards, Stewart, and MacArthur.

But thats just me.

I don't know much about these players, but when I followed this tournament last year, i realised that carter, dawes, belle, getzlaf, BRENT BURNS (not playing though...my favorite player..it sucks) and jeff carter and of course patrice bergeron....man there great players...and i know im leaving some out..but i can tell that we will have a pretty good tourni this year...i hope...but of course none of us can really tell because we dont know the calibur of all of the other teams.

[Edited on 04/07/1989 by habsfan88]

Experts are saying this could be the greatest Canadian WJC team ever. Sure has the potential. I dunno, it's gonna be hard to beat the 95 team.

The D I perdicted is totally awesome. Prolly the best group ever assembled by any team at this tournament.

Forwards will be deep. Crosby and Perry are the best scorers in the CHL and I have a strong feeling Sidney is gonna have an awesome tournament.

I am a huge Anthony Stewart fan. I really hope he has a good tournament.

My picks as of right now:

Goalies: Nastiuk, Dubnyk (Nastiuk is #1 unless he pretty much self-destructs in camp, he's having an awesome year.)

Defence: Phaneuf, Seabrook, Coburn, Belle, Barker, Green, Weber (yes I know they're all WHL'ers, but the team needs some defensive d-men after the first 5 of my list-Quincey and Syvret are too offensive minded for depth roles.)

Forwards: Bergeron, Carter, Colliton, Crosby, Dawes, Dixon, Fehr, Getzlaf, Ladd, Perry, Richards, Stone, Stewart. (I have a feeling Perry won't make the team, but I'd love to see him and Crosby together on the same line.)

Can't wait to see the exhibition games starting on the 20th on TSN. Here's hoping SNET shows some of the camp games vs U of Manitoba.

I can't believe Brule or Wolski weren't invited. This team has depth but those two deserved a shot IMO.

I agree about Perry. If any big name gets cut, it's him. Similar to Corey Locke and Dan Cleary. Star juniors who could never crack the lineup of the WJC team.