Semi-final Sunday (2 games)

puck7x

canada wins 3-1...olesz scored for the czechs shorthanded...carter, bergeron and dawes scored for canada...headed for gold!!! woo!!! go canada go!!!:can:

[Edited on 2005/1/3 by habs_koivu]

Originally posted by habs_koivu

canada wins 3-1...olesz scored for the czechs shorthanded...carter, bergeron and dawes scored for canada...headed for gold!!! woo!!! go canada go!!!:can:

[Edited on 2005/1/3 by habs_koivu]

Dont jinx it. We thought the same thing the past 3 years, and Canada has always found a way to lose the gold.

I hope this year is different... And it just might be, because Canada has a really strong team.

Originally posted by Habby1197

Malkin and Ovechkin should be ashamed of themselves.... Tauting the Americans when scoring an empty netter to make it 5 and 6 to 2....  

Shows no class, I hope they get theirs Tuesday... Phaneuf time.

[Edited on 2005/1/3 by Habby1197]

I agree. Someone should teach these kids what "Sportsmenship" and "Class" mean... Instead of taking after guys like Kovalchuk they should be taking after guys like Igor Larionov.

But the Americans arent innocent either, I saw them dish out a few cheapshots at the end of the game (I'm looking at you Callahan)

I cant wait till Canada destroys this Russian team. (And they will, unless something bizarre happens)

[Edited on 2005-1-3 by puck7x]

Americans are just as bad. They're not as vain but they're still really bad.

Like I said all along (check my previous posts) the Russians would meet the Canadian in the finals. The Americans were lucky that Russia didn't show up against them in the round robin. Otherwise, they would be playing in the religation round now. Last year was a fluke and the Americans weak effort this year proved it.

If Canada wins tomorrow, they will go down as a top 3, if not the best, team in the history of this tournament.