Lats and Shawn Belle sign one year deal.

huzer

That would make sense. The signing bonus would be automatically paid out at pre-specified dates, so the NHLPA would report it as part of his annual compensation. It wasn't a real bonus but they were paid out at different points than his actual salary would have been (like Heatley's famous $4m payout on July 1).

That would make sense. The signing bonus would be automatically paid out at pre-specified dates, so the NHLPA would report it as part of his annual compensation. It wasn't a real bonus but they were paid out at different points than his actual salary would have been (like Heatley's famous $4m payout on July 1).

First place I went and looked was the NHLPA site to try and see if there were differences in there. Nothing I had in my files had him having any sort of bonuses, so the reporting package for base salary must include signing bonuses as well. Makes me wonder if part of Subban's deal has a SB in there as well...probably does.

First place I went and looked was the NHLPA site to try and see if there were differences in there. Nothing I had in my files had him having any sort of bonuses, so the reporting package for base salary must include signing bonuses as well. Makes me wonder if part of Subban's deal has a SB in there as well...probably does.

Yep, I'd assume it does. In fact, Carey Price might have one in his even. That's guaranteed money, whether they're in the AHL or NHL. For Gui, it hurt him a bit with regards to his QO. But for most cases, it's a good thing.

HIO says that Lats was offered a 2 year deal but he wants to be able to go to arbitration next year.....

:hlogo: