So Close...

Fanpuck33_

I CAN'T believe the NHLPA won't accept it! They are KILLING the sport! Next year the NHLPA would sign a way lower deal that they have the possibility to sign now! What a bunch of idiots! they should know it!

I'm sure they'll accept. Can't believe, no I can't believe they'd let the sport die

Originally posted by Fanpuck33
Originally posted by Macaskill

Fearless Prediction --- We'll see NHL action in a couple months... muahahhaa... maybe im too optimistic?

If there's an agreement, there will be NHL hockey in a couple of weeks.

lol, very true, i actually meant to say Playoffs... *shrug*...

but yea, its officially over now anywayz, so, all we can do now is speculate when its gonan come back....

my guess is... we'll see scabs playing next season....

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Please tell me that this is just a joke, and Bettman will really announce that teams ought to report to training camp soon.

I cannot believe they are going to let 6.5 million dollars come between them to end this season.

No, they will let 6.5millionX 30=$195million get in the way.

It's over, It's over, It's over.:(

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

Hey, I notice you are in East Holland, are you near Arnhem? I go there sometimes, nice place I really like it.

Yes thats very close. Just an hour driving. I live a bit more north and closer to the border with Germany.

Damn man, i can't believe that the season is finished. It's a lot off money, but what do they lose when a season is cancelled. Stupid Bettman,damnit!

Think it was not the money, but he just didn't want to lose. Principles, pfff!

I think Im cursed.

Favourite NHL-team: Montreal Canadiens

Favourite swedish hockey team: AIK

Status: Left Elitserien a coupple of years ago. Late they where degraded to the swedish third division after some financial troubble.

Favourite soccer team: AIK

Status: Degraded to division 2 called "Superettan". The board was dismissed yesterday and everything seems hopeless.

Favourite hockeyplayer: Kristian Huselius

WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?!

Originally posted by Habsfan21

No, they will let 6.5millionX 30=$195million get in the way.

It's over, It's over, It's over.:(

Only 4 teams in the NHL would even be over the 42.5 million dollar cap. Just because the cap is a certain place doesn't mean every team will max out.

A team carries 23 players with them, so the average player salary would be 1.8 million if every team was at the cap.

Note: The average NFL salary is around 1.3 million dollars. Now, football is far more popular and brings in a lot more money than the NHL. Why should the average NHL salary even be close the the average NFL salary, let a lone more than that.

Whatever. Screw all of them. If any side actually cared, they had the chance. But Bettman had to play his ######ing game.

It's all his fault. The stupid expansions (NASHVILLE, for god's sake. NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE!) that diluted the product and the idiocy of waiving the CBA to do it. He's a ######ing New York Lawyer, not a hockey fan. Every time he talks, I want to turn the TV off. More stupid half truths/obvious points. And the guys on ESPN throwing him softballs!

At least i"ll have a Q team nearby next year.

PS: Interesting, TSN has a list of the team's fortunes during the lockout: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=5246

[Edited on 2005/2/16 by Habsfan21]

Wow, I'm just shocked...

I dont know how both sides could be so stupid. The game will never be the same, its a long hard road uphill for the league to get back to the old revenues...

Bunch of idiots (NHL + PA)