"Who to sign" by Dan Linn

puck7x

Dan's latest article, a good read -- http://habsworld.net/article.php?id=771

A few thoughts. First of all, the habs could have a messy goaltending situation on their hands next year. Danis is slated to be the #1 in Hamilton, and will likely hold onto that job. Meanwhile we have Michaud who's been tearing it up in the ECHL, he could probably steal Ellis's job right now, but the habs would probably prefer to have him playing every game, then sitting on the bench. Next year we have the problem of Lindberg coming over, and Halak moving up from juniors. The competition for the Dogs backup spot will be interesting...

About PTO contracts. I cant see the dogs having room for any of our juniors, the dogs lineup looks set now with the addition/return of Begin/Komisarek. Unless of course the dogs suffer some injuries (knock on wood). I guess we can bring up a few juniors just for the experience, even if they were just healthy scratches.

Originally posted by puck7x

Dan's latest article, a good read -- http://habsworld.net/article.php?id=771

A few thoughts. First of all, the habs could have a messy goaltending situation on their hands next year. Danis is slated to be the #1 in Hamilton, and will likely hold onto that job. Meanwhile we have Michaud who's been tearing it up in the ECHL, he could probably steal Ellis's job right now, but the habs would probably prefer to have him playing every game, then sitting on the bench. Next year we have the problem of Lindberg coming over, and Halak moving up from juniors. The About PTO contracts. I cant see the dogs having room for any of our juniors, the dogs lineup looks set now competition for the Dogs backup spot will be interesting...

with the addition/return of Begin/Komisarek. Unless of course the dogs suffer some injuries (knock on wood). I guess we can bring up a few juniors just for the experience, even if they were just healthy scratches.

I wouldn't say messy, actually it should be very good. Michaud I personally don't have a lot of faith in. He's put up good numbers but his team was at one point 1st overall in the league. Long Beach has a solid team, although I don't think their defense is all that great but I've only seen 6 games on tv.

What we could have is 3 young goalies who will need to bring their A game if they want to stay in Hamilton. Halak can be sent back to the Q, which I don't think would really hurt him, as he would benefit from playing on an average team like Lewiston, as he would likely see a lot of rubber, while getting another years experience of North American hockey.

But it's going to come down to what management wants and how they do at camp. I think the comp will be good for the 3 goalies and even hopefully push Danis although I don't think that will be neccessary. I look forward to seeing what happens with the goalies, as they all have some impressive skills, but all have areas they need to work on, none of them have really seperated themselves at this point but it's still early considering Heino-Lindberg recently turned 20 and Halak doesn't turn 20 for 2 more months.

As for PTO's, they don't need to dress in any games, but the experience of getting to join the team, practice, lockerroom, etc... is worth giving one or two guys a PTO. Flood had one last year, didn't play, but I don't know how it would effect him from getting one this year, I would think they would but perhaps it's something management feels only needs to be done once. Lapierre I hope is with the team, don't really think the others will get a shot though.