Lines? - If Healthy

Gman

What's gunna happen:

When fans see that Pouliot does not score more than 20 goals playing on a top line, they will forget that he has not been able to secure a stable roster spot in Minnesota and will crucify Gainey for the trade.

Looking at Gaborik explode now that he has left Minny (on pace for 67 goals and 118 pts) I think we can be optimistic that Poupou's inability to secure a roster spot in Minny wont mean much.

I was thinking about creating just such a thread Gman, you read my mind. Lately I've been thinking about what the forward lines would be once everybody is healthy... I'd like to see:

Cammalleri - Pleks - AKost

Gionta - Gomez - Pouliot

Pacioretty - Metro - Moen

SKost - Lapierre - D'Agostini

That's 4 solid lines with the 3rd and 4th also being able to chip in fairly well offensively. I like that lineup a lot. Pyatt and White can be sent back down, as can Chipchura (or traded, in his case). Laraque can be the healthy scratch and inserted whenever we play a goony team. An interesting option would be to slide Bergeron in somewhere on the 3rd or 4th line at times, if there's no room for him when all our D become healthy. We need to keep that big power play shot in the lineup somewhere - despite his defensive shortcomings.

This one looks a lot to what I envision.

Want to hear something weird ? Pyatt-Gomez-White second line.

How many points they show for ? White 2 pass, Pyatt 0, combined 24 games

Martin is trying to shake Gomez by promoting 2 grinders on his wings.

but not a way to give the opportunity for Gomez to produce, what the heck Martin wants him to do ?

Play crash and bang style ??

euhhhhhhhhhhhhhheuhhhhh.

No Mara?

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn

S. Kostitsyn - Gomez - Gionta

Pouliot - Metropolit - Pacioretty

White - Lapierre - Moen

D'Agostini, Laraque (Pyatt sent down)

Markov - Mara

Hamrlik - Spacek

O'Byrne - Gill

Bergeron, Gorges

However, unless Mara is re-signed in January, I expect he'll be traded. Expiring contract, good cap hit... playoff teams should be all over him. So I guess, Simonus, your d lines may end up being correct.

I just figure that Mara is the odd man out most nights. Gill is solid if unspectacular and is (to my eyes) less of a risk to take bad penalties. I figure most nights Bergeron gets the last d spot as his defense is getting slightly less disgusting. O'Byrne has looked good enough to play Komisarek to Markov.