GDT---Bulldogs vs Marlies---12/05/09

Lammy

Hamilton Bulldogs @ Toronto Marlies

Saturday December 5, 2009

This is the 2nd of a two-game back to back series for the Bulldogs and their arch-rivals from Toronto. In the first game, last night, the Hamilton Bulldogs defeated the Marlies 3-0. Cedrick Desjardins picked up the shutout....his 3rd in a row (if you count the shared shutout with Curtis Sanford last weekend vs the Lake Erie Monsters). Can they do it again????

Listen to Bulldogs play-by-play broadcaster, Derek Wills, call the game at www.talk820.com

Puck drops at 4:00pm ET this afternoon.

GO DOGS GO!!!

Since this is on television, I have turned off the radio (sorry Derek! :( ) and have turned on the big screen to watch.....people complain sometimes that hockey fans in Hamilton do not support the Bulldogs....they should be watching this.....the stands at Ricoh Colisuem in Toronto are EMPTY. It will be interesting to see what the "official attendance" for this game is.

Edited by Lammy

Even the online scoresheet doesn't think much of the goal - it appears they've simply ignored it and moved on. (They've recorded the penalties after the goal was scored but not the goal itself.) If only that counted for something.

Mathieu Carle screwed up on that one.....I will give Toronto due credit on that goal...that was a beautiful breakaway...quick stickhandling back and forth seemed to handcuff Sanford.

End of 1, 2-0 Toronto.

Injuries for Hamilton (in case anyone's wondering how bad the infirmary is down there):

Maxime Lacroix (DTD)

Mathieu Darche (7-10 days)

Shawn Belle (DTD)

Mikael Johansson (who knows with him...)

I think there's 1 or 2 more (well, Busto is one but he'll never play anyways), missed them on the broadcast.

If anyone wants to vote for the Dogs for the All-Star Game, go to http://theahl.com/forms/ahl-all-star-ballot-f1.

Nice to see Conboy in the lineup this afternoon.....he took a very, very nasty crosscheck from behind into the boards last night and limped off the ice. It happened right in the corner where I sit and we were all wondering if he would be added to that injury list as he was obviously hurt after that hit.

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRESSSSSSSSS!!!!

DESHARNAIS!!!!

Whacks the puck in on the PP with a huge cluttering of players in front of the Marlies net.

3-2 Marlies

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRES!!!

WYMAN!!!!!

Game is tied at 3-3!! :clap::clap::clap:

Bulldogs are coming back with a vengeance!!!!!

Eric Neilson scores his first as a Bulldog...I think I'm going to faint. Good thing the Marlies have an ECHL'er in net (and no backup to go to apparently). 4-4 game!

Neilson (Henry, Stewart)...not exactly a trio you'd expect to see together on a goal.

You're allowed to punch the puck into the net?

Apparently it was a softie...I wouldn't put it past that trio. For Neilson, it was his first goal of the year, Stewart his first point (in 7 games this season), Henry only got his first point yesterday. (And this was his 2nd assist of the game...he's on a roll!)

Off to overtime now...

Scoring Summary:

1st Period:

1. TOR - Andre Deveaux - 4 (Viktor Stalberg, Juraj Mikus) - 8:30 (PP)

2. TOR - Viktor Stalberg - 6 (Unassisted) - 15:10 (SH)

2nd Period:

3. HAM - Mike Glumac - 6 (David Desharnais, P.K. Subban) - 1:26

4. TOR - Troy Bodie - 5 (Greg Scott) - 1:32

5. HAM - David Desharnais - 6 (Unassisted) - 4:20 (PP)

6. HAM - J.T. Wyman - 4 (Alex Henry) - 5:46

7. TOR - Greg Scott - 1 (Jonas Frogren, Troy Bodie) - 8:34

3rd Period:

8. HAM - Eric Neilson - 1 (Alex Henry, Greg Stewart) - 7:10

9. TOR - Andre Deveaux - 5 (Ben Ondrus, Juraj Mikus) - 10:01

10. HAM - Ryan Russell - (Ben Maxwell, Mathieu Carle) - 14:04

Overtime:

11. TOR - Viktor Stalberg - 7 (Unassisted) - 4:39