Mikael Johansson

Lammy

From the Hamilton Bulldogs website.....

MONTREAL, QC - Montreal Canadiens General Manager Bob Gainey announced today that forward Mikael Johansson has been reassigned from the Hamilton Bulldogs to Farjestads BK of the Swedish Elite League.

Johansson, 24, had played in 20 games with the Bulldogs this season earning six points (three goals, three assists) and two penalty minutes. The native of Arvika, Sweden spent the previous four seasons with Farjestads BK recording 34 points (six goals, 28 assists) and 20 penalty minutes in 2009-2009 with the club.

I must say I'm a little disappointed by this, but after seeing the report a few days ago (the Swedish link I put in another thread), I'm not surprised. Janne Lahti 2.0 I suppose, here's hoping Engqvist (who comes over next year) doesn't follow the same path.

A waste of 2 contracts now that are playing in Sweden, at least there's a couple of vacancies from the Leach/Chipchura departures a while back.