Gagnon: Gill and Gomez met around christmas

rafikz

Damn that didn't sound like a winter chick flick at all

Anyway, I came across that article from F. Gagnon (La Presse)

I'm francophone, so don't flame me for my poor translation :unsure:

Gill: " Let's say Scott and I have different approaches to the game; he is talented, I aim for efficiency; yeah, we did have a few heated arguments, but we weren't the only one to have those "

"Without telling anyone, Hal and Scott met away from the team to settle things down" says Josh Gorges; "it was the 1st step towards the success we had at the end of the season and in the playoffs"

The philosophy is quite simple: there is no I in the team.

" We came together within that concept; guys who bought in contributed; those who didn't were kept away or sidelined " said Georges, without giving names

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...88_section_POS5

Again, I apologize in advance if the translation is bad ^_^

Edited by rafikz

Interesting. Two seasoned pros with Cup rings, working out fundamental differences...good on them. That's leadership.

I was fascinated by the habs' strategy in the third period of Game 5. It was basically: dish the puck to Gomez deep in our zone every time he is on the ice, then let him lead the rush. It was impressively effective, and seems as though it could represent a legitimate offensive strategy with Gomez going forward, helping to alleviate the lack of rushing defencemen other than Markov.

Thoughts?