GDT: Lake Erie vs Hamilton, Jan. 12

dlbalr

Well, it's nearly been 2 weeks since they last played so why not play again? Apparently, the Monsters (16-18-7) are the new Marlies, the team that Hamilton (21-13-5) gets to play on seemingly a bi-weekly basis.

-r105023%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Ryan Stoa (14)

Assists: Ben Walter (18)

+/-: Julian Talbot (+8)

PIMS: Patrick Bordeleau (79)

-r105019%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Dustin Boyd (11)

Assists: Ben Maxwell (18)

+/-: Mathieu Carle (+13)

PIMS: Jimmy Bonneau (99)

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM EST and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

He made his presence felt too, has the go-ahead goal, 2-1 Hamilton in the 2nd. Fortier on the PP the other Hamilton goal.

Also got an assist on Russel goal. Other ex dogs on this date- Delmas gets start and win. Urquhart chips in a couple of assists for Wheeling

Got to see Festerling play for the first time in this one and I'm impressed! He plays his defensive position very well and he's not afraid to crunch it up in the corners.

Got to see Festerling play for the first time in this one and I'm impressed! He plays his defensive position very well and he's not afraid to crunch it up in the corners.

If I remember correctly, most people thought Gorges was a career AHLer when we got him. Lammy have you any sense that Festerling may follow the same path and be a valuable asset down the road? It would sure make the LaPierre trade alot more palatable.

If I remember correctly, most people thought Gorges was a career AHLer when we got him. Lammy have you any sense that Festerling may follow the same path and be a valuable asset down the road? It would sure make the LaPierre trade alot more palatable.

Well, from what I witnessed last night I would have to say yes. Of course, that was only one single game but if he continues to know his role and plays smart hockey he will certainly be an asset for the future. He already has NHL experience and he's not trying to be Bobby Orr out there on the ice. Subban could learn from this guy. P.K.'s "Bobby Orr-style" of rushing from end to end and behind the net worked in the AHL, but in Montreal we have all seen how that leads to Subban coughing up the puck which then seems to end up in the Habs net more times than not.

I think that Festerling is going to work out well in the long run.

Well, it's nearly been 2 weeks since they last played so why not play again? Apparently, the Monsters (16-18-7) are the new Marlies, the team that Hamilton (21-13-5) gets to play on seemingly a bi-weekly basis.

You will be overcome with joy and happiness to know that, yes, in 2 weeks from now the Dogs and Monsters will play two games in a row on January 27 and January 29. Just thought I would mention it. LOL! :lol:

You will be overcome with joy and happiness to know that, yes, in 2 weeks from now the Dogs and Monsters will play two games in a row on January 27 and January 29. Just thought I would mention it. LOL! :lol:

:wacko: Good old schedule makers in the AHL...

I'm starting to see why attendance is down in the AHL. You can only be excited about the prospects of seeing Ryan Stoa and John Grahame so many times.

:wacko: Good old schedule makers in the AHL...

I'm starting to see why attendance is down in the AHL. You can only be excited about the prospects of seeing Ryan Stoa and John Grahame so many times.

I enjoy seeing the "veterans" play in the AHL. Maybe not 2,000 times a year, but that's one of the really neat aspects of the American Hockey League. I recall a few years ago, Patrick Lalime was sent down to Peoria (who then played the Bulldogs). Eric Fichaud, Chris Chelios with the Chicago Wolves, Cristobal Huet (on a conditioning stint with the Dogs), etc...

I refuse to pay MLSE prices to go to Toronto to see NHL hockey (I guess I could go to Buffalo if I really wanted) but for about $16 per game, which is the Bulldogs Season Ticket price breakdown per game, I can see NHL veterans and future NHL stars for just a bit more than I pay for Tim Horton's coffee each week. :D