GDT: Hamilton vs Adirondack, Jan. 22

dlbalr

The Bulldogs (25-13-5), fresh off a pair of 7-goal games, travel to Adirondack to take on the league worst Phantoms (13-27-4). Perhaps it's Mayer time? If so, this should be interesting.

-r105019%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: J.T. Wyman (12)

Assists: Ben Maxwell (21)

PIMS: Jimmy Bonneau (104)

+/-: Mathieu Carle (+15)

-r105013%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Denis Hamel (13)

Assists: Erik Gustafsson (25)

PIMS: Zac Rinaldo (155)

+/-: Michael Ryan (-1)

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM EST and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

The Bulldogs (25-13-5), fresh off a pair of 7-goal games, travel to Adirondack to take on the league worst Phantoms (13-27-4). Perhaps it's Mayer time? If so, this should be interesting.

As you noted last night, Dogs played with eight defensemen. Wheeling played short. Basaillon was not in their lineup. Is he hurt? That would be our last skater available for the dogs without signing some one else.

As you noted last night, Dogs played with eight defensemen. Wheeling played short. Basaillon was not in their lineup. Is he hurt? That would be our last skater available for the dogs without signing some one else.

He hasn't played since the 15th so I'd imagine he is, though I've no idea where to look for any sort of injury listing in that league.

The only two sources that I can think of are the ECHL website and that of the Nailers...and I don't imagine that either one is very willing to go public with team injuries.

The only two sources that I can think of are the ECHL website and that of the Nailers...and I don't imagine that either one is very willing to go public with team injuries.

Yep, checked both of those. Interestingly enough, the CHL (where Delmas started) actually listed players placed on IR on their transaction this...that would be nice right about now.

3-1 in the 3rd (for the Phantoms)...Bulldogs goal was scored back in the 1st period by Maxwell, assisted by Avtsin.

Shots are 18-17 in favour of the Dogs...

ROBERT MAYER has allowed 3 goals on those 17 shots. where is the "puke" emoticon when I need it?!?!

Edited by Lammy

BULLDOGS SHOOTOUT PLAYERS....

Palushaj.....(GOAL)

Bishop......(No Goal)

Avtsin.....(No Goal)

Boyd......(GOAL)

........Adirondack fails to score in the shootout and the Bulldogs win the game 4-3.

Stat wise, I never understood how Mayer was ever signed to begin with. Oh well.

Hunter Bishop seems to be stepping up. Nice to see some new names get involved for the Dogs.

Bishop is getting a chance to play a role similar to what he did when he joined Hamilton last season where he's getting time in more of a scoring role. As for Mayer, the Habs needed another minor pro depth goalie, guess he did well in the tryout camp a couple years back. I think they learned their lesson by getting Delmas to only sign a minor league deal instead of an ELC - this way if he struggles, they're not stuck with him for 2 more years.

Bishop is getting a chance to play a role similar to what he did when he joined Hamilton last season where he's getting time in more of a scoring role. As for Mayer, the Habs needed another minor pro depth goalie, guess he did well in the tryout camp a couple years back. I think they learned their lesson by getting Delmas to only sign a minor league deal instead of an ELC - this way if he struggles, they're not stuck with him for 2 more years.

The junior, collegiate and European leagues are filled with undrafted goalies... There should never be a rush to sign the next Olivier Michaud.

Of course, once in a while, you find a good one, I suppose, like the Kings signing Martin Jones or the Sharks signing J.P. Anderson.

The junior, collegiate and European leagues are filled with undrafted goalies... There should never be a rush to sign the next Olivier Michaud.

Of course, once in a while, you find a good one, I suppose, like the Kings signing Martin Jones or the Sharks signing J.P. Anderson.

Hey, don't pick on Michaud...he, unlike Mayer, will be able to say he at least played in the NHL! :lol: That's why I like the minor league contract idea. If it works (like Desjardins did), great, but if not, you're not hurting your 50 contract situation or being stuck with a player for far too long (Loic Lacasse, anyone)?

Hey, don't pick on Michaud...he, unlike Mayer, will be able to say he at least played in the NHL! :lol: That's why I like the minor league contract idea. If it works (like Desjardins did), great, but if not, you're not hurting your 50 contract situation or being stuck with a player for far too long (Loic Lacasse, anyone)?

I don't think it is as black and white as you make it sound. If you find a goalie you like you have to give him enough of a perk to play in that type of role. Secondly, if God forbid, your goalie started playing well,you could open yourself up to RAIDING.

I don't think it is as black and white as you make it sound. If you find a goalie you like you have to give him enough of a perk to play in that type of role. Secondly, if God forbid, your goalie started playing well,you could open yourself up to RAIDING.

Perhaps not quite that simple but I don't think it's far from it. When you're signing goalies, they're either undrafted or were drafted and released. This means there probably aren't too many teams going after these players. Getting to turn pro even on a minor league deal is a pretty good perk when a short while ago the same goalie was pondering life after his OA junior season ended. If you get into a bidding war with a few other teams over the same goalie, then yeah, an NHL two-way deal will be the way to go but if you're basically only bidding against yourself or one other team, the minor league deal is best. If he does well on said contract, what's stopping the Habs from signing him at year's end or even midseason? Desjardins and Desharnais (though not a goalie) both went that route.

I think you could add Beauregard, Francis Pare to your list. Your right about PointStreak, they do a nice job in CHL with Stats. Basaillon doesnot show up in Wheelings complete transactions list and is still listed as on the roster. I can say that their roster sheet was brought up to date today. I have yet to find any injury log.

I don't think Beauregard ever signed with the Habs, he strictly was on a minor league contract. Pare is one though, 1 year on a minor league deal than a 2 year ELC with the same organization. With Engqvist now back in Hamilton, they'll be able to dress only 7 D (boy, that sounds bad) which means Bisaillon isn't as important as before.

I liked Michaud.

I don't think Beauregard ever signed with the Habs, he strictly was on a minor league contract. Pare is one though, 1 year on a minor league deal than a 2 year ELC with the same organization. With Engqvist now back in Hamilton, they'll be able to dress only 7 D (boy, that sounds bad) which means Bisaillon isn't as important as before.

Contracts aren't my gig, but Beauregard was around for a couple of years anyway, played well enough but had injury concerns. We let Lemieux go and currently he leads or is close to the lead in the Echl scoring. We kept Masse. Desharnais made it through. My point would be is that these undrafted signings are a bit of a dog's breakfast. You may not find out what you got for sometime. Goalies typically would take longer. I have no problem with them gambling with a two or three year contract but i would pick my spots.

Contracts aren't my gig, but Beauregard was around for a couple of years anyway, played well enough but had injury concerns. We let Lemieux go and currently he leads or is close to the lead in the Echl scoring. We kept Masse. Desharnais made it through. My point would be is that these undrafted signings are a bit of a dog's breakfast. You may not find out what you got for sometime. Goalies typically would take longer. I have no problem with them gambling with a two or three year contract but i would pick my spots.

Lemieux was on an NHL TW deal and was dealt I believe for Brett Engelhardt (I liked him too), so at least there was a little value gleaned there. Lemieux also is nearly 27 and has bounced around a lot, if he wasn't outscoring the 21 year old Masse down there, I'd be concerned. Picking the spots is the key word, the Habs haven't lately and it's burned them more often than not (Phillipe Lefebvre will be the next undrafted bust, he turns pro next year). That's why I prefer the minor league deal in almost every circumstance, unless you're in a bidding war for their services, or you have sufficient room on the 50-contract limit.