GDT: Amerks vs Dogs, Feb. 12

dlbalr

The Bulldogs (28-18-5) are looking to snap a 3 game losing streak as they host the North Division bottom feeder Rochester (21-26-5).

-r105032%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Mike Duco (14)

Assists: Michal Repik (32)

PIMS: Eric Selleck (130)

+/-: A.J. Jenks (+6)

-r105019%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Dustin Boyd (14)

Assists: Ben Maxwell (25)

PIMS: Jimmy Bonneau (113)

+/-: Brendon Nash (+12)

Puck drop is at 4:00 PM EST and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

Hamilton's contribution to Hockey Day in Canada.

GO DOGS GO!!!

Lammy: Any idea if Nash, Engqvist and Avtsin are available. None listed as injured . Read some nonsense about taking turns. Hopefully there is no thought of Mayer tonight.

Read some nonsense about taking turns. Hopefully there is no thought of Mayer tonight.

They've rotated forwards all year, particularly with Avtsin, who has been a healthy scratch I'd suggest 8+ times already. Nash was scratched I think once early on.

Lammy: Any idea if Nash, Engqvist and Avtsin are available. None listed as injured . Read some nonsense about taking turns. Hopefully there is no thought of Mayer tonight.

They are available as far as I know...have not heard anything about any kind of a rotation system being in place. Following the game this afternoon, there is a Season Ticket Holder party. I will ask them about being scratched if I get the chance. As far as Mayer, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start today.....Sanford could use the break IMO.

Edited by Lammy

They've rotated forwards all year, particularly with Avtsin, who has been a healthy scratch I'd suggest 8+ times already. Nash was scratched I think once early on.

Thanx Dlbalr. I do follow them enough to know who's in and out of line-up, so I am aware of Avtsins movements. Seems to me Engqvist and Nash have played most nights. I just thought something must be up to have all three sitting considering the alternatives. Also seems to me if they had one of those guys in last night it might of made the difference.

OK....I just got home from the game and STH party with the players...and here is a HW scoop(not that it makes much difference, but it's some interesting information just the same). At the party, I was speaking with Engqvist and he admitted to me that he was INJURED the last game and that's why he did not play. He did not disclose the nature of the injury, but...very interesting to say the least.

Bulldogs actually did tie the game (a Carle shot) but it was waved off as the ref (the wonderful Jamie Koharski) didn't see it go in. There's no video review in the AHL, so another bad break for Hamilton.

I sit in the corner right there by the net and it looked to me like the puck did NOT go in....however, I was chatting with Derek Wills at the STH party afterwards and he says that he got a look at some video replay (probably from the in-house cameras) afterwards and that the puck deflected off the post and then bounced in and out of the net really, really fast. Can't blame the ref on this one....as I say, I shared the same opinion of no goal, but the video proves us both wrong. LOL.

I sit in the corner right there by the net and it looked to me like the puck did NOT go in....however, I was chatting with Derek Wills at the STH party afterwards and he says that he got a look at some video replay (probably from the in-house cameras) afterwards and that the puck deflected off the post and then bounced in and out of the net really, really fast. Can't blame the ref on this one....as I say, I shared the same opinion of no goal, but the video proves us both wrong. LOL.

Thanx Lammy> Kind of what I expected/ not exactly a healthy scratch/ not exactly an injury/ somewhere in between. The score indicates not a bad game. After today's game are you confortable with Mayer eating up some starts? It would be huge if we could get him going?

Thanx Lammy> Kind of what I expected/ not exactly a healthy scratch/ not exactly an injury/ somewhere in between. The score indicates not a bad game. After today's game are you confortable with Mayer eating up some starts? It would be huge if we could get him going?

Yeah, the game was OK and Mayer played well. It's going to take more than this one game to get my confidence in Mayer, but if he get the opportunities to start and makes the most of them it certainly would be huge. Sanford cannot carry the workload all by himself.