GDT: Abbotsford vs Bulldogs, Mar. 30

dlbalr

This is not a repeat message from yesterday, the Bulldogs (38-26-9) actually host the Heat (34-28-10) for the second time in as many days. Hamilton got a bit of good news earlier today as Toronto dropped their early morning affair to Syracuse, improving their playoff odds...by how much, well that you can see for yourself in the Scoreboard Watching thread.

-r105012%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Matt Keith (19)

Assists: T.J. Brodie (27)

PIMS: Matt Pelech (178)

+/-: Carter Bancks (+6)

-r105019%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Nigel Dawes (35)

Assists: Aaron Palushaj (29)

PIMS: Jimmy Bonneau (169)

+/-: Nash/Russell (+17)

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM EST and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

The bad news? Only 1 line is doing anything. The good news? That line has scored 3 goals, Dawes with a pair and Palushaj the other (Boyd is the 3rd guy on the line but shockingly doesn't have a point). Zanette is in, replacing Stejskal. He was in the starting lineup with Conboy and Fortier, not sure if he's still on that line though.

Bulldogs killed the 2-man advantage while Dawes, on about the 3rd opportunity, scored into the empty net with 3 seconds left for the hat trick. The lone bright spot of the delay in the Hab game is that I was able to catch the last couple minutes of this one. MacIntyre with another huge game, making 36 saves. That acquisition is proving to be huge now.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1008429

Bulldogs are now 6 points ahead of Toronto (with a game in hand) on the final guaranteed North Division playoff spot with just 6 games to go (only 1 home game though). Hamilton's off until Friday where they'll begin a stretch where they play a trio of back-to-backs to finish off the year in a 9 game span.

Bulldogs killed the 2-man advantage while Dawes, on about the 3rd opportunity, scored into the empty net with 3 seconds left for the hat trick. The lone bright spot of the delay in the Hab game is that I was able to catch the last couple minutes of this one. MacIntyre with another huge game, making 36 saves. That acquisition is proving to be huge now.

I have mixed feelings about how well MacIntyre has played. For sure he is going to have to be solid for the bulldogs to succeed. I just wonder if he is going to get any help when push becomes shove. Any comment about the new acquistions play would be helpful.

I have mixed feelings about how well MacIntyre has played. For sure he is going to have to be solid for the bulldogs to succeed. I just wonder if he is going to get any help when push becomes shove. Any comment about the new acquistions play would be helpful.

He has a 2.05 GAA and .934 SV% since the trade; over a full season, he'd have the best SV% and 3rd best GAA among all AHL goalies with those numbers. In 5 of the last 6 games, he has allowed just 1 goal. Hard to ask for much more than that considering he's not getting any rest...though with a bit of a cushion now, we might see Mayer in the next little bit.

He has a 2.05 GAA and .934 SV% since the trade; over a full season, he'd have the best SV% and 3rd best GAA among all AHL goalies with those numbers. In 5 of the last 6 games, he has allowed just 1 goal. Hard to ask for much more than that considering he's not getting any rest...though with a bit of a cushion now, we might see Mayer in the next little bit.

You are right. The last three wins have brought him back to .500 in the wins category. It was hard to get past first impression. I am not confortable with Mayer at all. I think Wheeling would be pissed if you asked for Delmas.

You are right. The last three wins have brought him back to .500 in the wins category. It was hard to get past first impression. I am not confortable with Mayer at all. I think Wheeling would be pissed if you asked for Delmas.

It's hard to fault him for the .500 record when you look at the lineup they were dressing at times (without Dawes and Palushaj and having 16 skaters). Unless there's an injury, they can't bring Delmas up even if they wanted to since he's not on the Clear Day list or In Residency.

It's hard to fault him for the .500 record when you look at the lineup they were dressing at times (without Dawes and Palushaj and having 16 skaters). Unless there's an injury, they can't bring Delmas up even if they wanted to since he's not on the Clear Day list or In Residency.

Can they take that slide rule year off of Mayer's contract? :lol:

The Dogs clearly play a system that helps their goalie out... and yet Mayer still struggles.

Can they take that slide rule year off of Mayer's contract? :lol:

The Dogs clearly play a system that helps their goalie out... and yet Mayer still struggles.

I wish, but sadly no. Heck, we were stuck seeing Lacasse on the 50-contract limit for an extra year due to the slide...though at least he somewhat decent when he had to play in Hamilton.