Forum update

sakiqc

There appears to be an issue with the view new posts button in some threads. Here's what I've pieced together:

- For threads that a member has posted in, including those before the forum change, there is no issue,

- For threads that a member hasn't posted in since the forum change, there is no issue...but

- For threads that a member hasn't posted in that were started before the forum change, there is no visible view new post feature.

As this doesn't seem to be a problem for new threads, I suspect it won't be too great an issue over time but in the interim, this may be worth looking into.

We've added a couple new themes/skins (colors/forum design). You can change theme using the link at the very bottom of the forum on the left side.

I've moved the search box at the bottom right of the page in order to make it less cluster at the top. The ESPN ticker has been added at the bottom again.

We've enabled the Vote up/down system. This "reputation" system is often used on various websites to highlight particularly interesting messages. Although this system is especially useful on websites such as youtube and tsn.ca where thousands of comments are posted everyday, it would not have the same relevance on a much smaller community like ours. So this is only a test and we'll see if it is useful.

The goal of enabling this system is to allow members to more easily encourage/recognize good messages. This will value quality and also allow members to express their approval without having to post a short message.

We have the option to make the votes anonymous or visible. It is currently anonymous, while visible for the mods so we can moderate if the system is working effectively or if it is only used by 2-3 members to promote each others.

Members who are in the "Member100" group (those who have posted 100+ messages) can vote up and down 20 messages/day. Others members can vote up and down 5 messages/day.

• Upvote 1

I responded as soon as I saw it...the system is very similar to the older boards.

I didn't receive a reply to a PM a few nights back, and the status still reads "not yet read". Obviously no biggie, just wondering if there was an issue (and having some fun ;) )

• 9 years later...

We'll perform a forum upgrade tonight. Let me know if there's any feature missing or not working. Hoping this resolves some of the access instability that some of you encountered lately.