Bulldogs fan forum deleted from team website-chat too

miklin

-it appears constructive criticism is no longer tolerated on the team website and that mindless 10 word Facebook and twitter conversations seem to be deemed how to communicate

-a number of longtime fans were highly critical of the team's marketing (i.e. ticket pricing) for the upcoming season and I guess we've been chastized by having the forum removed. It appears that the team is no longer offering kids and seniors prices for Season tickets, flex packs and walkups. After having to reduce playoff tickets to twenty bucks last season, charging $26.00 for an unknown commodity and one price for all ages is illogical especially since seniors and kids make up half the crowd. How to redeem guaranteed win tickets from the OC playoff was finally answered by management after a forum request. Still has not been posted on the website. Maybe they hoped we'd forget

-the average attendance last year was pumped up somewhat by a school kids game and the two games in Mtl as part of the average. The outdoor game at that rat trap Ivor Wynne Stadium smells of desperation. It will attract the one a year, special event type fan, but likely not the kind of fan who will support the team for multiple games. Pictures of drunken frat boys mugging for local tv cameras come to mind already, not the Bulldog faithfull.

-after supporting the club since Jan of year one, and as an STH with three seats for 12 yrs, I find the marketing dept is marching to a different drummer than the economy in Hamilton permits

ps-I forgot that season ticket holders have also lost the privilege of buying extra game tickets at the STH rate

Hi Mike, welcome to HabsWorld.

I've heard today about the closure of the Dogs forum. That's a shocker. Sad to hear the miscues towards the STH. Hope it's fixed soon.

Anyways, you're very welcomed here. We like hearing updates from the guys in Hamilton and how they are progressing. Tell your other STH friends to join HW. I'm pretty sure you'll like it and find in it a great place to talk Bulldogs with follow Habs/Dogs fans from all over the world.

Hi Mike, welcome to HabsWorld.

I've heard today about the closure of the Dogs forum. That's a shocker. Sad to hear the miscues towards the STH. Hope it's fixed soon.

Anyways, you're very welcomed here. We like hearing updates from the guys in Hamilton and how they are progressing. Tell your other STH friends to join HW. I'm pretty sure you'll like it and find in it a great place to talk Bulldogs with follow Habs/Dogs fans from all over the world.

Seems the last time this happened they were down about a year before they got it running again. I personnally chose this site as the replacement. I recommend this site.

Worst still is that for the guaranteed win deal, the answer is no longer on the forum since it's gone (and from the sounds of things, it's not coming back either). Hopefully someone remembers the answer and can post it either on their FB page (or here if more of the regulars find their way out to this forum). Welcome aboard, Mike.

thanks guys-hope my rant wasn't too over the top. I am worried too that when an occasional fan, or interested first time spectator, goes on ticketmaster online he'll balk (sp?) at the ticket price of $33.00 once ticketmaster adds their $7.00 pound of flesh.

You probably noticed my motorsports interests shown on the profile. I've visited 8 different tracks this season and the ones that were the most successful were the ones with the cheaper prices, best entertainment bang for the buck, and great food bargains. Near Hamilton, Flamboro Speedway charges $15.00, has a poor sound system, expensive food and runs an overly long program caused by too many divisions participating. It gets maybe 500 fans and lives on the back gate entry fees.

Conversely, Lake Erie Speedway at North East, Pa-charges $10.00, gets an honest 5000-7000 fans weekly, has great creature comforts, weekly fireworks, flame cannons on the back straight and meal deals at the Concessions. Even has a mini Dairy Queen franchise. And the Erie population base is much smaller than the Hamilton area

I draw parallels that the cheaper price for admission and food brings in a lot more bodies for racing and this compares to hockey where a minor league burger combo costs over $12.00.

I can only predict that part way through the season, we'll be seeing some of those valuepak coupons in the mail for Dogs games.

The first game of the season will not be a good attendance gauge because of the number of spectator freebees but opening on a Saturday of a holiday weekend

Edited by miklin

• 4 weeks later...

Really annoyed about this - facebook and twitter do not allow for full and open debate and discussion.

I guess there was too much negativity and after all Ford isn't going to host a site that repeatedly bashes Ford products - that said - there were enough VOLUNTEER mods (myself and Lammy for two....) that waded through the spam and deleted it and with a bit more direction could have kept the train on the track.

Also agree with miklin - I think there was a lot of constructive criticism that wasn't always well received - but there was also a lot of praise and thanks when merited - and lets face it with Jcore and Hecfi running things there WAS need for criticism (and in some cases explanation from the admin) - obviously the changes this year reflect that.

Anyway have always lurked here - glad you are welcoming us - spread the word!

Really annoyed about this - facebook and twitter do not allow for full and open debate and discussion.

I guess there was too much negativity and after all Ford isn't going to host a site that repeatedly bashes Ford products - that said - there were enough VOLUNTEER mods (myself and Lammy for two....) that waded through the spam and deleted it and with a bit more direction could have kept the train on the track.

Also agree with miklin - I think there was a lot of constructive criticism that wasn't always well received - but there was also a lot of praise and thanks when merited - and lets face it with Jcore and Hecfi running things there WAS need for criticism (and in some cases explanation from the admin) - obviously the changes this year reflect that.

Anyway have always lurked here - glad you are welcoming us - spread the word!

Welcome!