Jan. 15/16, Hamilton vs Abbotsford, 10 PM

dlbalr

bulldogs-mar-30.jpg

With exactly half of their skaters in Montreal, what's left of the Hamilton Bulldogs (13-19-1-3) are in BC to take on Abbotsford (17-12-3-4). The Bulldogs will likely have 4 players in their first AHL game of the season. With both teams losing so many players, these lines are straight up guesses.

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Quailer - Tenute - Armstrong

Lefebvre - Murovich - Chaput

Avtsin - Leveille - Schultz

Hagel - Fortier - Stortini

Beaulieu - Ellis

Corbin - DeSantis

Stejskal - Isherwood

Mayer

Projected Abbotsford Lines:

Sylvester - Walter - Kolanos

Bancks - Laing - Ruegsegger

Olson - Estoclet - Reinhart

Howse - Wahl - Nemisz

Piskula - Callahan

Matczak - Tuzzolino

Lamb - MacKenzie

Taylor

Puck drop is at 10:00 PM, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

b3c3beef41003b505020c34da664c6cb.222x222

Perhaps this is a good sign as there was a near-scrap at Heat practice today.

BAq_KJwCYAErhPo.jpg

Oddly enough, one of the combatants (Akim Aliu) isn't even on the roster at the moment as he was just placed on re-demotion waivers (similar to Desjardins) today. The goalie involved was Barry Brust if anyone's wondering.

I looked at the roster and thought we'd moved to the ECHL

I looked at the roster and thought we'd moved to the ECHL

Pretty much. Of the 17 skaters listed on there, 8 have been full-time AHL'ers, 8 have played regularly in the ECHL, and Tenute until last week wasn't playing anywhere. I remember last year where icing a full lineup was an accomplishment but even then, was there half a ECHL lineup in there?

There was a late change in goal as Desjardins got the nod after all. Hamilton mustered all of 3 shots on goal while the Heat had 14. Ben Walter scored late on the PP, 1-0 Abbotsford after 1.

Olivier Fortier is back in tonight so the Bulldogs do at least have a full roster. Despite having played just one game with Hamilton, Joey Tenute is wearing an 'A' as are Stortini and Hagel. Ouch.

3-1 final (win for the Heat). I'm not looking forward Saturday to a sold out Copps half full of pseudo Marlie fans. Really starting to feel sorry for Ceddy too :wall:

3-1 final (win for the Heat). I'm not looking forward Saturday to a sold out Copps half full of pseudo Marlie fans. Really starting to feel sorry for Ceddy too :wall:

I'd call that a win for Hamilton almost - they actually scored a goal with that lineup. Here's the gamesheet for last night: http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1010423

I don't feel like making another thread for Game 2 tonight so let's just use this one again.

Going to get their butts kicked again tonight.....It's really getting frustrating seeing the Dogs occupying the cellar of the AHL.

I don't want to break tradition, so for what it's worth....GO DOGS GO!!!! :Bulldogs:

I see Avtsin got a point last night and was on the penalty kill the night before. I doubt if they will ever get him turned around enough to warrant a look see next year, but is there any indication that he will be able to contribute at a greater pace going forward? I am looking for tell-tale signs of examples such as I have given.

reminds me of the way Michael Lambert was treated five years ago. Was only played if absolutely necessary. Looked like a great prospect who has ended up in the Quebec senior blood and thunder league.

I see the three players up from Utah have all been sent back including Ian S.