Feb. 8, Wolves vs Bulldogs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

CHI4607.jpg

Hamilton (15-23-1-5) will look to get a win streak going for the first time since the beginning of the season (where they started out 2-0) as they host the Chicago Wolves (22-15-3-2), affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks. (It's the second year of that affiliation and it still doesn't seem right...) The Wolves are one of the hottest teams in the league right now having won 8 of their last 11.

Projected Chicago Lines:

(based on previous +/- data)

Sweatt - Gordon - Haydar

Miller - Schneider - Desbiens

Archibald - Longpre - Rodin

DiDiomete - Friesen - Davies

Matheson - Connauton

Joslin - Andersson

Hunt - Vandermeer

Cannata

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Bournival - Dumont - Leblanc

Quailer - Tenute - Blunden

Lefebvre - Holland - Murovich

Hagel - Fortier - Stortini

St. Denis - DeSantis

Beaulieu - Ellis

Tinordi - Pateryn

Desjardins

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play, click the banner below to listen.

b3c3beef41003b505020c34da664c6cb.222x222

team is offering a snow day special-$15.00-blue ticket plus an outdoor classic tuque. (they can't get rid of the tuques I guess). I am at the point though that I wish they would postpone the game as the roads are still horrible. Going to leave an hr early and hope we make it. :crazy:

I am astounded that this game is still scheduled to go ahead and has not been postponed due to today's snowstorm. Did not go in to work today; would not have been able to get there...and I still cannot even attempt to drive down my street even if I wanted to. I wouldn't make it past my driveway without getting stuck in a huge snowdrift. Mike, you have more courage than I do in even trying to attend the game tonight.

I am astounded that this game is still scheduled to go ahead and has not been postponed due to today's snowstorm. Did not go in to work today; would not have been able to get there...and I still cannot even attempt to drive down my street even if I wanted to. I wouldn't make it past my driveway without getting stuck in a huge snowdrift. Mike, you have more courage than I do in even trying to attend the game tonight.

If it's the Marlies or Rochester, teams like that, this game is cancelled. Since it's Chicago and Texas on a road trip, it would be a fair bit more challenging to reschedule both teams coming to Hamilton and Toronto as they're not up this way often.

2-0 Chicago after 1 as the Bulldogs got off to another trademark awful start (2 goals before the 5 minute mark). No St-Denis tonight (not sure why) so Corbin gets to play a game...and had a huge part in the first goal...

I think it must have been tickets sold. Actually, once I got through the drifts at the end of my street to the semi main thorough fare, the drive to Hamilton along Plains Road took about the same amount of time as usual due to no traffic. Once we got to Hamilton, the problem that developed was none of the side streets were plowed and none of the municipal parking lots were plowed either. Turned down McNab St and saw Zach Stortini wading through the drifts in the middle of the street (Probably thought he was back in Edmonton). Went into the Jackson Square Mall circa 5:30 and most of the food court fast food places were closing up already. I think I saw some of the Texas players heading into the new Anchor Bar restaurant before the game (so they will be nice and rested for Saturday!).

I'm not sure why this game couldn't have been rescheduled to Monday (except we have a game vs the Snarlies on Tuesday). The folks on the local radio were saying not to drive unless absolutely necessary. You get torn as to who to believe.

One nice p.r. gesture the team did, is to give everyone who showed up tonight, a ticket for a game in March. (Tonight's game ticket to be exchanged) The date and details are to be on the website on Monday. And I won Phil Desimone's away jersey from last year. (Phil is playing for Albany this year. Last year he had very respectable points but a horrid -30 in the plus/minus)

ps-I thought Ceddy looked shakey again and was fighting the puck on what would normally be easy saves. Once they got behind 2-0, it just set the standard for the rest of the game. St. Denis is out hurt and Corbin looked bad on that first goal. Time to get a new promo for the Fanz Choice -currently has Palushaj doing the naration.

Save Ferris-Save Avtsin :gohabsgo:

For Chicago, rescheduling to Monday would force them to stay in town at least one if not two more days. Team budgets are cheap in the AHL, that would be costly. I wonder what's up with St. Denis, I hadn't heard he was injured.

Who is Tenute?

He's a Hamilton-born centre who originally signed a tryout last month but has since been signed for the remainder of the season. He's on the small side (5'9 and that might be generous) but has provided some much needed offensive punch (7 points in 12 games). He spent the last few years overseas (Austria, Finland, and Germany) but before that was a legitimate top line forward in the AHL.