April 12/13, Monsters/Bulldogs home and home, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

d966b83241b68b5a5654e7f696da.jpg

The Bulldogs (29-36-1-5) hope to win the rubber match of a home-and-home with Lake Erie (33-30-3-7); if they did so in regulation, the Monsters would be eliminated from the playoffs. I believe it was noted during Friday's game that all three goalies are supposed to play over this 3-in-3 stretch so I'd expect Robert Mayer to get the nod tonight after Tokarski started yesterday.

Projected Lake Erie Lines:

(based on last games' +/-)

Carey - Sgarbossa - Vincour

Connolly - Hishon - Thomas

Arseneau - Agozzino - Walker

Hagel - Strong

Pock - Lauridsen

Negrin - Beaupre

Sullivan - Stollery

Maggio

Pickard

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Hudon - Tenute - Holland

Bournival - Nokelainen - Leblanc

Archambault - Belzile - Kristo

Hagel - Vail - Quailer

Tinordi - Pateryn

St. Denis - Stejskal

Merth - Ellis

Mayer

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

b3c3beef41003b505020c34da664c6cb.222x222

Fantastic news - not only is Mayer not starting, he's not even dressing for this one. Jacob Gervais-Chouinard will be Tokarski's backup. (Knowing our luck, Tokarski won't dress tomorrow but it's good news for today at least...)

Tonight has to be Tokarski's worst start ever. 4 goals allowed in 12:50 on just 5 shots. Gervais-Chouinard, who reportedly is starting Sunday's game, is in relief. Tenute was tossed 13 seconds into the game for boarding; on the same play, one of Lake Erie's players got 5, 10, and a game for instigating and fighting. (There was no fighter on Hamilton's end.)

As it turns out, not only are the Hagel brothers playing in this one, but Gervais-Chouinard's brother plays defence for Lake Erie. Two sets of brothers in the same game, that's a bit of a rarity.

I went to the game with a sinus infection and that game sure was no cure. Maybe Kotarski just showed them how he felt re Budaj being resigned when many of us thought Dustin would be the heir apparent in Mtl -lol. First goal was a total screeen, second had the defense running into each other on the wrong side, fourth goal tipped in by Kristo.

I was worried when I saw Stortini and Desantis were both scratches, especially knowing how Cleveland has a number of cheap shot artists. Right now, I forget the players name but he was wearing a full clear mask and was slashing Dogs players as soon as the solo referee turned away to skate up ice. Truly brave to do that wearing the complete shield.

PBP was working solo (no excuse with the number of scratched players who could have filled in for Al)-you could tell as two of his goal calls were late (invented after the fact). DW has a bad habit of going with meaningless stats while play is on early in the periods (you know the left to right, right to left bit for example). On the drive home post game show, he yammered on about the worst performance, yada, yada but makes no mention of the junior players who are audtioning.

The solo referee, Trent Knorr, made some odd calls. He wasn't going to call the penalty on Tenute early in the game and there was a real delay putting his arm up until he saw the Cleveland player not getting up. He called Joe Stejskal late in the third for a knee which was a dive over his stick. This game is just too fast for single refs, especially relative rookies, and the crap behind the play will continue until the two ref system becomes mandatory.

Tonite around 4700 fans aided by the marauding groups of 20 year olds there for three dollar beer night and the agravating kids groups who sit there and kick the back of the seats. Unbeknown to us, there was a state of the union meeting for season ticket holders before the game but the only way you knew about it was dropping by the cs booth. I go there once a year to drop off my renewal. Guess they haven't heard of e-mail. I was told some concerns again were being mentioned was that we were paying for 38 games next season but there is no trust that they will not drop it to 36 games in Hamilton again and shift two to Montreal with no compensation. Some fans have found their seats have gone up in price for next season as they've shifted some of the lower price sections to the medium prices. Agravating too this year that seats were sold through Fortinos Supermarkets at a price less than the cheapest STH rate which is totally wrong.

My wife-who is quite a good grasp of hockey knowledge says she has no faith in the current coaching staff and Ron Wilson was a scapegoat :surrender:

These two teams play again tonight, I see no need to start another GDT for it. Lake Erie could be eliminated from the playoffs tonight with a Hamilton victory so the Bulldogs have something to play for. Puck drop is once again at 7:30.

I hope so. Tomorrow is bring you dog to the game night in Hamilton. Honestly I saw a lot of dog poop on the ice last night. Hoping there will not be a repeat Sunday and maybe they will be better getting away from the Copps' lousy ice

I hope so. Tomorrow is bring you dog to the game night in Hamilton. Honestly I saw a lot of dog poop on the ice last night. Hoping there will not be a repeat Sunday and maybe they will be better getting away from the Copps' lousy ice

Thanks for the heads-up, I'm sure there will many poor dog puns in the commentary of that one then.

funny too how Cleveland is whining about Hisson receiving a concussion last night from Tenute's hard check (like I mentioned, the referee wasn't going to make a call at all until Hisson didn't get up) but somehow Steve Quailer got a concussion too but the hit seemed to fly under the radar. Must have been self induced, right?. One of my arguments why the AHL should have two referees. Funny how the OHL has had video review and two refs every game for a few years but North America's #2 pro league doesn't have two refs and were dragged kicking and screaming into the video review age (as mickey mouse as it is, it's better than nothing.).

BTW-Arsenault is the cheap shot artist who has been hiding behind his full face shield.

2-0 Cleveland near the end of the first period. Sly had a real Jr A lineup out on the first PP and got caught by not covering the player coming out of the box. Two goals allowed on 6 shots by Mayer. Besides the travesty going on in Toronto, what a bad night for the organization

funny too how Cleveland is whining about Hisson receiving a concussion last night from Tenute's hard check (like I mentioned, the referee wasn't going to make a call at all until Hisson didn't get up) but somehow Steve Quailer got a concussion too but the hit seemed to fly under the radar. Must have been self induced, right?. One of my arguments why the AHL should have two referees. Funny how the OHL has had video review and two refs every game for a few years but North America's #2 pro league doesn't have two refs and were dragged kicking and screaming into the video review age (as mickey mouse as it is, it's better than nothing.).

BTW-Arsenault is the cheap shot artist who has been hiding behind his full face shield.

Hishon missed nearly 2 calendar years with a concussion back from his days in Owen Sound and just came back a couple weeks ago. So it's understandable that they'll be more upset than normal given how much he went through coming back. If it's anything short of a very minor one, it could be a career ender for him.

3-2 LE after two. Nokalainen got a PP (!) goal and Bournival got a shorty a couple minutes later to make it respectable. I was aware of Hisson's history but it makes you wonder if it was just an inevitability knowing his history. Tenute's hit wasn't even going to get a penalty until the referee saw Hisson wasn't getting up quickly.