Oct. 12, Griffins vs Bulldogs, 7 PM

dlbalr

9173724-large.jpg

The Bulldogs (1-0-0) look to keep their dreams of an unbeaten season alive tonight as they host Grand Rapids (1-0-1), affiliate of Detroit and the defending Calder Cup champions. The Griffins will be well rested as they haven't played in a week. There is just one lineup change for Hamilton as Robert Mayer makes his first start of the season.

Projected Grand Rapids Lines:
(based on +/- data from last game)

Hoggan - Pulkkinen - Glendening

Nestrasil - Nyquist - Frk

Callahan - Jarnkrok - Jurco

Grant - Sheahan - McIntyre

Ouellet - Paetsch

Sproul - Almqvist

Evans - Marchenko

Mrazek

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Andrighetto - St. Pierre - Holland

Blunden - Dumont - Leblanc

Nystrom - Duffy - Aliu

Tarnasky - Nattinen - Courtnall

Chouinard - Pateryn

Schiestel - Dietz

McIver - Nygren

Mayer

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM, AM900 will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

Great game to watch , but those penalties were killer .

Anyone stand out to you? I didn't catch a ton of the game but from what I heard, it sounded like Pateryn and Holland both played quite well and Andrighetto had some good moments as well.

Also, the game report is now up: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3223

Yah those three stood out a lot , they made smart plays and were key in keeping the dogs in the game throughout the third before Aliu put in his goal. Pateryn and Holland have played great for the past two nights , i'm looking forward to seeing how they play through out the rest of the season .. as well as Andrighetto, he was a good addition to the roster this year.

It will be interesting to see if Andrighetto keeps his top line spot when Thomas is ready to go. Rookies usually don't get top line minutes for long but it's good to hear that he's not looking out of place.

On the down side, Leblanc hasn't been the dominant player on his line let alone his team (as Bergevin told him to be). Blunden's a decent AHL'er but if he's outplaying Leblanc, that's not a good thing.

I thought Akim played a decent game. Has bursts of speed for a big guy but is sort of gassed after making a one way rush. Referee TJ Foster was poor tonight. Penalties 9-3 Dogs vs Griffs doesn't tell the whole story. Foster was out of position much of the night and we got caught for a lot of retaliation. Game is too fast for a single referee like last night. St Pierre seemed to complain re non calls and then would be handed a chintzy one soon after

-some fans upset that an advertising banner has been installed along the outside of the glass in the endzones-maybe 8 inches high-and it chips wherever the puck hits it. When they tried one of these about 6 years ago, they did one on the inside and the fans ripped it off shortly.

-no excuse by the new arena management to open up the doors 15 minutes late at 6:15. By the time we had grabbed a coffee, warmups were already going on. So far sprucing up the arena means painting things in shades of grey. Water fountains have never been replaced from years ago so $3.00 bottles of water still spell rip off. Maple Lodge Farms are now a partner so look for wieners that cluck rather than moo. Souvenir store is actually smaller than last year and replica jerseys now have iron on cheap Habs logos on shoulders rather than proper embroidered crests. Souvenir program is still overpriced at five bucks, no prizes, small size. A lot of staff turnover in a year-same circus, different clowns

-crowd was announced at 3,100 and change but honestly looked less than 2,000

Referee TJ Foster was poor tonight. Penalties 9-3 Dogs vs Griffs doesn't tell the whole story. Foster was out of position much of the night and we got caught for a lot of retaliation. Game is too fast for a single referee like last night. St Pierre seemed to complain re non calls and then would be handed a chintzy one soon after

Two games in and we have the first solo-referee rant of the year (I had a hunch this was coming, it sounded like Derek wasn't particularly enthralled either with his calls). It could have been worse though...it could have been Koharski.

Ironically an Ellis jersey was being raffled off at 3 tickets for $5.00. This is the first time in memory I can remember a current roster player's jersey (albeit it was likely from last season but number and everything else was correct) being put up for a raffle. Bad omen maybe?

Ironically an Ellis jersey was being raffled off at 3 tickets for $5.00. This is the first time in memory I can remember a current roster player's jersey (albeit it was likely from last season but number and everything else was correct) being put up for a raffle. Bad omen maybe?

I don't think the Habs are about to move him (my guess is like yours, it's an old jersey so might as well get something for it). If he's going to be the odd man out though, I wouldn't mind him going down to Wheeling to get some playing time when their season starts later this week.

you know Brian, at the exhibition game at Dundas, he (Ellis) looked like he was going through the motions. Chaput looked bad too and he was heading to Wheeling pretty soon afterwards.