Nov. 13, Amerks vs Bulldogs, 10 AM

dlbalr

100_9945-e1318253755655-590x334.jpg

Since this is an early game, I'm doing the GDT early. Hamilton (5-5-3) looks to get back in the win column as they take on Rochester (5-3-4) yet again. The Bulldogs can't seem to win at normal times so maybe a morning game is what they need? Maybe not; if memory serves me right they tend to really struggle in these.

Projected Rochester Lines:
(based on +/- data from previous games)

Varone - Zigomanis - Adam

Schaller - Sundher - Tardif

Catenacci - Jacobs - Hutchings

Roy - Ellis - Kaleta

Ruhwedel - McNabb

Sulzer - Gauthier-Leduc

Bagnall - Crawford

Hackett

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Andrighetto - St. Pierre - Leblanc

Tarnasky - Macenauer - Blunden

Nystrom - Duffy - Aliu

Courtnall - Nattinen - Fournier

Tinordi - Nygren

Beaulieu - Chouinard

Schiestel - Ellis

Mayer (it should be Tokarski since he played well last game and Mayer was awful...but it probably won't be)

Puck drop is at 10:00 AM, AM900 will have the play-by-play (and background noise of thousands of screaming kids); click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

Good news: Tokarski got back-to-back starts (it's about time). Bad news: They still lost, 3-1. Tokarski made 33 saves on 35 shots but it wasn't enough. Andrighetto scored again, he's the only one going right now. Pateryn and Dumont weren't available to play as they weren't sent down in time.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1011299

not sure if he'd see much of interest after todays game. Varone's goal was like the parting of the red sea. Unfortunately St. Pierre missed from directly in front of the net with 20 seconds to go which would have tied the game. .

My eardrums are still bleeding. Next year I might just stay home for this one-ushers couldn't control the kids running up the aisles while play was on and their teacher/chaperones were just as bad. Two kids got nailed by pucks too. I wonder sometimes if 10% of the kids there actually care and the rest are just there for a day out of class.

STH's are getting a bad feeling that there will be no playoffs again for the third straight year. Pres of the club (Steve O) seemed to indicate on Radley's show last night that it's all about group sales. Did any of you guys happen to listen on the internet broadcast.??? Did they do a post game show and if so, other than saying Derek 80 times, did Al have any thoughts about the game :thumbs_down: ???

ps-trying to remember the last time the Dogs won a game when Dave Lewis was one of the Zebras?

I think they'd be thrilled if 10% of the kids there actually cared, those would be the ones that the Bulldogs hope would bug their parents to take them. It's a day out of class for many and a chance to pad the average attendance stat for the club.

I don't think this is a playoff team (I have them 4th in the division, 11th in the conference) but they'll be a lot more competitive than last season. Getting the callups back from the Habs and not having players getting yo-yo'ed for a while should help get them out of their current funk at least. I didn't catch any of the broadcast so I can't say if they did a postgame show - my guess would be no since the game was internet only.

As for the last victory with Lewis as the ref, April 19th, Hamilton's last victory of last season. It hasn't been all that long, evidently.

thanks Brian. It's just getting so damn frustrating. Even the fan club here hasn't sold out the trip to Mtl which used to be an automatic. Today we were lucky also as Rochester hit two posts while DK was out of position. Count to ten, take a deep breath, and look forward to Friday (even though my mother in law will be with us) :rastapop:

• Upvote 1